7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by zene10
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tmp_7047-Screenshot_2016-04-27-22-02-031484167711.png

#1 7 years ago

When I try to download the BIN file my computer keeps wanting to open with Adobe PDF. Is this correct? Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 7 years ago

which os?

Sounds like it could be your os app setting for that file type, or your browser. Try chrome or firefox if you haven't. Once the file is downloaded.. which game?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-update-stern-firmware

#3 7 years ago

The manuals at Stern's site have instructions. Here is the page for Walking Dead.

tmp_7047-Screenshot_2016-04-27-22-02-031484167711.pngtmp_7047-Screenshot_2016-04-27-22-02-031484167711.png

#4 7 years ago

1) Download .BIN to desktop (code) Don't try to open file.
    2) Insert USB Drive
    3) Open USB drive
    4) Click and drag .BIN file to USB Drive
    5) Remove Backglass/Translite
    6) Insert USB into the only USB port in the backbox
    7) Flip the top dip switch
    Reboot game and follow instructions

#5 7 years ago

It's dip switch #8

Also it has to be the only bin on root of drive.

#6 7 years ago

Windows OS. I'm using Firefox. Downloading for TWD. It keeps wanting to open the file in Adobe PDF.

#7 7 years ago

You don't open the file. You move it to your USB drive.

If it's trying to open it when you download it, right click on the file and choose save.

#8 7 years ago

Ok I'll give that try. Thanks!

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

It's dip switch #8
    Also it has to be the only bin on root of drive.

It does not necessarily need to be the only bin in the root of the drive.

I'm not sure about all recent Sterns but on SMVE the software will recognize multiple bins. The service menu lets you select from multiple bin files on the same USB drive (start watching video at 0:55 to see https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spider-man-ve-smve-call-out-modification#post-3119040).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-i-update-code-on-stern-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.