(Topic ID: 59959)

how do I stop cointaker led's from strobing?

By cougtv

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Sc1f1
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0107.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cougtv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I love the cointaker leds In my sttng and most stopped strobing when I turned power saving off. The shield leds still strobe a lot and the backbox strobes when the machine dims them. I can't stand it. Do I have to change these back to bulbs or is there a fix?

#4 10 years ago

At low power they flash. The full power ones do not. The shields seem always dimmed during play and look like they are flashing. It is really just 6 in the shields and the back box that does it.

Quoted from Meph:

Patch your roms with the WPC Non-Ghosting patch. It will fix your problem.

Can you provide more info on said patch.

#7 10 years ago

No. I used premiums and have no ghosting at all. In test the shield leds do not flash but at low power during play they flicker. The whole back box flickers when it is dimmed by the machine.

#9 10 years ago

The shields are inserts. Gi on the pf looks good, I may have to do the bulbs in the box and shields, I am thinking maybe leds just don't dim well???

#13 10 years ago

Other than turning off power saving, how do I disable dimming? Where can I find just a few of the high priced leds? It is mostly just the six in shields that bug me

#19 10 years ago

Ok, that helps attract mode, but.........Ordered 8 of the fancy LEDs (2 spare for failures). Will post results! FYI cost was about 23 bucks. More shipping than LED cost!

#22 10 years ago

They are the premiums, only issue I am having is with the 6 shield LEDs and the back glass LEDs. Mostly the shield LEDs. I will post my results. I like the cointaker LEDs far better than the old bulbs. My other machines look dark and dingy now (only Dr Who is due for a cleaning though).

2 weeks later
#27 10 years ago

Ordered the no flix and it was ng. At a dimmed level they flashed worse than the cointaker one. I experimented and I like the super bright cointaker blue frosted 555 super bright best for the shields! Now I just need to get 3 more. They were just all around better.
Will just buy cointaker leds from now on.....no flix is no good.

#30 10 years ago

Plus, the description said no strobing. I am not complaining about ghosting, rather strobe effect of them being dimmed during play. After experiments, I found the Blue domed cointakers to look the best. I need a few more. I do plan to do my next several machines with cointaker. Only a small complaint.........

#33 10 years ago

Never got the patched?? rom.
I think I am in

Quoted from smokey_789:

Minor led strobing on my STNG but the funny thing is that,during play, the shields strobe slightly and almost look natural. I am gonna leave it like that.

state with it at this point. Love the machine!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 63.95
$ 64.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cougtv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-i-stop-cointaker-leds-from-strobing?tu=cougtv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.