7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Otaku
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

help! 78 bally star trek. has old 3 prong cord with ribbed and smooth insulation but no colors. if buy replacement cord, which side of line filter gets black and which gets white? does it even matter if I get a non-polarized cord? if my 3 prong plug has both spades the same (instead of a polarized that has a wide and narrow spade) does it make any difference how it is soldered up? green in the middle of course! schematic no help; just says L1 and L2 for ribbed and smooth, probably because 3 prong not polarized in 78. my line filter is mounted to the left side of the cabinet and lettering on it is upside down, like it is mounted upside down. so which wire, black or white, goes toward the player and which toward the backbox?

#2 7 years ago

Your 3-prong plug (and every single other to exist) has the same sized prongs because you physically can't insert it upside down because of the third prong

Ribbed = neutral (white), smooth = hot (black). Did a quick Google search to make sure.

#3 7 years ago

got it. thanks. but what about line filter? put white on new cord where ribbed was?

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from pintorious:

got it. thanks. but what about line filter? put white on new cord where ribbed was?

Yes

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-i-solder-new-power-cord-to-line-filter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.