Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pin_Guy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimy_speedt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi,

I have a simple question to ask: I want to replace the old big cylinder capacitors on a wpc89 driver board. The ones I have received from Marco are narrower and higher, at least they have the same features. I would like to know if the capacitor can rest on the board or if there must be a distance between the board and the bottom of the capacitor.

Thanks for your help

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3 7 years ago

Great, easier also for soldering. Thank you ForceFlow

#11 7 years ago

Thanks everyone for your contribution. I take note of the suggestions for a more specific situation. In this case, I had my machine resetting when pushing the 2 flipper buttons at the same time.
    Experiences shared on the forum and litterature recommend to change the BRs and caps, which I did (kit from Marco). I let the caps rest on the board and soldered as every other component. The hole which seems to be damaged is in fact a remainder of solder which I have removed since.
    Now I get 5,1vdc on the MPU connector and the game does no longer reset.

Thanks again for your time

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimy_speedt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-i-solder-my-capacitors?tu=jimy_speedt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.