8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Lost
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lock.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Someone solved the missing key problem in the past by forcing the whole lock around. Now the lock hole is round. I have a new replacement lock, but obviously it just turns around, I need to make it stick as if the hole was still shaped like the lock, with the notches on the sides. Does anyone have a good idea on how to solve this problem?

#2 8 years ago

What kind of door? For what machine? You could find a bigger star gripped washer and put it on the lock threads, insert it in the circled out hole and tighten it real good and tight. Buy a keyless lock and tighten good, it shouldn't move if you keep the locking bar loose from the door frame or, depending on the door, buy a new door skin.

#3 8 years ago

A rather ordinary door on an older em with an ordinary lock: http://www.pbresource.com/lock/lock.jpg

I try your tip and see if I can tighten it enough, it's a bit cramped around the nut. Thanks!

#5 8 years ago

Try austinhardware.com. Also available on Amazon with free Prime shipping. Search under "round cam locks."

#6 8 years ago

Or make it tight as F, with the star washer above.

FYI sterns have the star washer you could snatch

#7 8 years ago

Fort Lock Co., now part of Chicago Lock Co., marketed the "DD Wonder Washer" that securely installed a cam lock in a round hole. Not sure if they are still available.

#8 8 years ago

Thanks, everyone. There is a terrific shop in my area who has been selling literally anything you could ask for in the screwy department for 150 years. I'll get a star washer from there and try it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-i-replace-coin-door-lock-when-hole-is-round and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.