(Topic ID: 144957)

How do I remove this "thing" from the gate?

By ngreenup

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ngreenup
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12273169_10153771190954111_172249248_n.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Sorry I do not know what to call it. On Radical there is a gate that triggers a switch under the playfield, it goes through the left post on the left loop ramp. i need to replace or adjust this switch but I cannot get this thing off. It's threaded and obviously used to set the height of the switch arm but I can't get it to turn. Any tips?

12273169_10153771190954111_172249248_n.jpg12273169_10153771190954111_172249248_n.jpg

On a side not: I am trying to find the part number for this this switch (left loop ramp) and the right spinner. In the manual they are switch 29 and 37 but for part numbers it only lists the gate part number not the switch. If anyone could link me to the proper switch replacements for these two switches I would appreciate it.

#2 8 years ago

If there is no slot on that threaded thing to try and unscrew it, I'd try a small vice grips on it, then.

LTG : )™

#3 8 years ago

That set screw is likely a hex key/Allen wrench.

#4 8 years ago

There is probably an Allen Head tool that fits into that setscrew.

#5 8 years ago

I did try several allen wrenches. i will try again and make sure I am not just missing a size.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from ngreenup:

I did try several allen wrenches. i will try again and make sure I am not just missing a size.

Put away those metrics and go with SAE.

#7 8 years ago

Got it. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-i-remove-this-thing-from-the-gate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.