Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jaybird5619
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0038 (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

Can someone please tell me how to remove a female terminal pin from a Molex connector. Also, am I correct is thinking that a GTB PS20 is what I need to fix the loose wire (see pic).

http://www.pbresource.com/molex.html

Thanks.

IMG_0038 (resized).JPG

#2 1 year ago

You need a Molex pin removal tool I got mine off eBay.

image (resized).jpg

#3 1 year ago

Pinrestore.com sells them too. Good people.

pasted_image (resized).png

#4 1 year ago

In a pinch, I've seen people take a pen ink reservoir, clip the end slightly, and shove it over the end of the pin

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from jaybird5619:

Can someone please tell me how to remove a female terminal pin from a Molex connector. Also, am I correct is thinking that a GTB PS20 is what I need to fix the loose wire (see pic).
http://www.pbresource.com/molex.html
Thanks.

You're basically just needing to push in the "wings" that grab onto the edges of the connector to hold the pins in place. A molex removal tool is the best choice, but a paperclip will work, too. It just takes longer to get it out that way.

This guy does it with staples:

#6 1 year ago

thanks. just ordered mine.

#7 1 year ago

The removal tool arrived today, but I now see it's only for removing male pins. My problem is a broken connection on the FEMALE jack (see photo). I've tried pushing/pulling with various things -- I just don't want to break another wire in the process.

#8 1 year ago

It should work for male or female

#9 1 year ago

right you are... I just wasn't giving it enough force. thanks.

#10 1 year ago

what size are these? .093 or .062 (this is for gottlieb sys 1)

#11 1 year ago

Just FYI. The pins are .093. I ordered a few pair and fixed the disconnected wire. Crimping was a real pain, though, due to the position and very little slack in the wire.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.40
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside