(Topic ID: 73494)

How do I neutralize the good players at my party?

By Steve_PBH

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by alchy999
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rl-odor-neutralizer.jpg
    Dalek_exterminate.jpg
    PSD.Alcohol.Products.Multilayer.Cliparts.5000x5000-650x650.jpg
    PEPPER.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Steve_PBH.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hi All,

I'm having a holiday pin party this weekend and I'm trying to figure out how to handicap the better players in my neighborhood so that they don't overtake my friendly neighborhood tournament from the newer players.

I'm thinking about paring good players with beginners for teams. Then, I'll include a few handicaps that can be imposed on the good players by the other team at will. For instance,

1) make the good player play with a sheet of wax paper on the glass
    2) make the good player sing along to the Barney "I love you song"
    3) make the good player switch hands, or hold a heavy object in one hand at all times
    4) Allow the other team to harass the player and talk smack the whole time he plays

Things like that. You guys are all a lot more creative and I'd love to have some good ideas on how to take the expertise out of the expert. It will be in all good fun and I think everyone will enjoy it.

Any ideas out there? I'm counting on pinsiders to make it really rough for the "experts" in my neighborhood.

Regards,
    Steve

#12 10 years ago

Hey, the stronger drinks, while said in jest, is a perfectly viable option with our group. I may have them do shots before they hit the machine.

Nevertheless, I have the booze thing completely covered. The folks coming over will have no problem having a few!

The other ideas about eye patch, mittens, plunging extra balls are awesome!

Keep them coming. I probably won't hack away at anyone or drop bowling balls on their feet, but these ideas are not so far out that I didn't briefly think about it.

#19 10 years ago

Boxing gloves that I have on top of my Championship Pub is an awesome idea.

See, nothing is too crazy.

I'm going to use the eye patch for the Pirates POTC

I have a FT, maybe I'll make them hold a fishing rod in one hand

#24 10 years ago

Hi Pen,

No, I'm using the term "players" loosely.

#25 10 years ago

Hey, I like the idea of a neutralizer spray. I'll get some mace and relabel it.

Maybe I'll think about that idea more...

#27 10 years ago

So far, I'm thinking that I'll pair the groups up in teams of two (Good player and less experienced player)... No one will get to play with their better half.

The newer player will play with no distractions. The better player will have a handicap for the second ball which will involve eyepatches, boxing gloves, tasters, machetes and anything else you guys come up with. The third ball will be flippers.

The teams will draw randomly for a machine which will have the handicap along with it.

After we eliminate half the teams, I'll make the remaining people partner again for the rest of the tournament.

All I need now is more ideas on neutralization strategies.

#61 10 years ago

One of my neighbors just brought over a strobe light to use against anyone playing against him. I have until tomorrow night to sort through these fine suggestions and come up with a hybrid idea.

I'm thinking of having a handicap hat, a machine hat, and a hat for picking partners.

#71 10 years ago

Maybe one volleyball and one bowling ball.

#74 10 years ago

Why is it that the answers to this post from the late night crowd are so off the wall?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Steve_PBH.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-i-neutralize-the-good-players-at-my-party?tu=Steve_PBH and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.