(Topic ID: 73494)

How do I neutralize the good players at my party?

By Steve_PBH

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by alchy999
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rl-odor-neutralizer.jpg
    Dalek_exterminate.jpg
    PSD.Alcohol.Products.Multilayer.Cliparts.5000x5000-650x650.jpg
    PEPPER.jpg

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

Quake 3..... Oke
    Play the Excessiveplus mod?
    What is your player-name in Quake-3 ?
    (Sorry OP for this side-step, but it's rare to accidently bump into another Q3 dinosaur

Q3 Dinosaur? Now i feel old being a Q2 relic.

-c

#52 10 years ago

Superglue the buttons! How did I not think of this until now.

Thor-NL - I just play freeze, ctf / 3w, and only on Crom CTF.

#53 10 years ago

Take away one or two of their balls.

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinBilly:

Take away one or two of their balls.

Might want to check with their wife/girlfriend before doing this though.

#55 10 years ago

Sounds like a really fun time.

I like the idea of pairing good players with novice players but keeping everything else even. The 5 ball for novice is also good.

I also like loser picks and hands out the shot to winners of each round.
    Experts start the event with 1 shot.
    After each game or round a shot is given to the winner.

A few rounds in and things should even out pretty quick.

Another simple thing woulc be make good players spin around in a circle 10 times before plunging the ball? Probably best not to combine with the shots

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from Steve_PBH:

How do I neutralize the good players at my party?

Dalek_exterminate.jpgDalek_exterminate.jpg

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from Steve_PBH:

Hi All,
    I'm having a holiday pin party this weekend and I'm trying to figure out how to handicap the better players in my neighborhood so that they don't overtake my friendly neighborhood tournament from the newer players.
    I'm thinking about paring good players with beginners for teams. Then, I'll include a few handicaps that can be imposed on the good players by the other team at will. For instance,
    1) make the good player play with a sheet of wax paper on the glass
    2) make the good player sing along to the Barney "I love you song"
    3) make the good player switch hands, or hold a heavy object in one hand at all times
    4) Allow the other team to harass the player and talk smack the whole time he plays
    Things like that. You guys are all a lot more creative and I'd love to have some good ideas on how to take the expertise out of the expert. It will be in all good fun and I think everyone will enjoy it.
    Any ideas out there? I'm counting on pinsiders to make it really rough for the "experts" in my neighborhood.
    Regards,
    Steve

You could let them play only two balls, or conversely, allow newbies to continue once, or both, depending on their relative skill levels.

#58 10 years ago

Blindfold them.

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from wellarmed:

I can't resist ! Let them play with boxing gloves .

I did a fun tournament at CA Extreme where you had to play with boxing gloves. The good players figured out you could play with your palms, so on the second tournament I made them wear the gloves backwards. It was also limited to two minutes per player.

One player got over 10M on Champion Pub wearing backwards boxing gloves in two minutes. That's crazy!

http://pinballbayarea.com/2012/07/30/california-extreme-2012/

#60 10 years ago

I dunno about the eye patch thing.

My father came in 4th place out of 16 players in a triple elimination style league night.

Wearing an eye patch (Medical Reasons).

Pinlynx (Pinside user in the league with us) was pretty sure it would be an easy victory and ended up getting his handed to him hahahah!
    Of course as fate would have I knocked my father out

#61 10 years ago

One of my neighbors just brought over a strobe light to use against anyone playing against him. I have until tomorrow night to sort through these fine suggestions and come up with a hybrid idea.

I'm thinking of having a handicap hat, a machine hat, and a hat for picking partners.

#62 10 years ago

A strobe light a pretty good idea, make sure you know the people coming though. Someone might have seizures and I'm sure the strobe light wouldn't be a good idea. Then again certain machines could probably trigger an episode by themselves.

#63 10 years ago

Get an EM or two or even some early solid state. I use these as equalizers for opponents that I think might be better or are total unknowns. Maybe something a little off the wall like Time Fantasy- who the hell knows how to play Time Fantasy? You do. Or where the points are on Monaco (I know how to get the spinner lit, but I'll never tell). Some of these games are also house ball central, but if I was up against Keith Elwin, I'd be all over the EM and early Solid State stuff- just for the luck factor alone.

#64 10 years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't it against the law to neuter the good players ?

LTG : )

#65 10 years ago

Give out New Year's party horns & noisemakers to the amateurs. Let them stand behind the good player and make random noises, should throw them off a bit!

#66 10 years ago

Handicap the good players by square root and cube root. They get to play their heart out, compare themselves to the other good players, but their scores get cut down accordingly. Makes the novice scores really important!

Do you have a calculator?

#67 10 years ago

Rules are any time you win a game, you take 2 shots.

That will even it pretty quickly.

#68 10 years ago

Yeah I was gonna say make the skill shot a shot of tequila instead that's what I was gonna do on a pinball bar crawl

#69 10 years ago

Get some system 11 games with no ball saves like Dr Dude......I call these the equalizers.

#70 10 years ago

Make the better players hold a volley ball between their elbows as they play, if they drop the ball, they have to let the ball go without another flip. Try it, it's not that easy to play that way. Or, start with a volley ball at the elbows, if they drop it, add a volley ball and put them under each arm, if they drop another, add one between their knees too. If nothing else, it'll get everyone laughing as they watch.

Steve

#71 10 years ago

Maybe one volleyball and one bowling ball.

#72 10 years ago

And if all else fails-
    rl-odor-neutralizer.jpgrl-odor-neutralizer.jpg

#73 10 years ago

Anal probes and LCD. Works every time.

#74 10 years ago

Why is it that the answers to this post from the late night crowd are so off the wall?

#75 10 years ago

Make the better players play on their knees.

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from Steve_PBH:

Why is it that the answers to this post from the late night crowd are so off the wall?

Bacon.

LTG : )

#77 10 years ago

, hash browns, 'n' eggs.

#78 10 years ago

A Shock collar tied into the flashers usually works.

If not a free kick in the junk before you start a game.

Or a a spoonful of wasabi or hot sauce.

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from Replay:

Put the best of them on a four player game of LOTR, that should keep them occupied for two hours or so.

If it only takes you two hours to finish a four player game of LOTR, they're not that good, frankly. I played for an hour and a half by myself last week, after not touching a LOTR for almost a year. Got at least 2, if not all 3, MB SJP's, DTR (on hard mode mind you...have to knock the magnet-held ball out) 3 times, TABA, and had 5 elf gifts. Yes, I sucked at modes during that ENTIRE GAME....had I done ANY better, I would've been at Valinor.

#80 10 years ago

Can't believe nobody mentioned the obvious. A light kick to his nuts delivered from your left foot, followed by a full speed knock-out kick to the nuts using your dominant right leg. Thwack - Thwack. Down for the count and everybody in the room knows - You are "The Man".

(must stop watching so much Sopranos).

#81 10 years ago

Set your Phasers on Stun. Kirk Out

#82 10 years ago

Break them some fingers !!!

#83 10 years ago

Install real chrome flipper buttons then connect them to the +70 v

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-i-neutralize-the-good-players-at-my-party/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.