• Latest reply 6 years ago by Taxman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4121_1508005929821 (resized).jpg
jones plug (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fezmid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

So I'll start this off with the fact that I've never even played an EM, let alone owned or moved one. (I've never actually moved a machine at all -- the only one I own was delivered to me). However a deal came by on an original Fireball, everyone says it's a classic game, and I'm trying to learn as much about pinball as I can, so I figured why not - worst case, I can just re-sell it. It's supposedly in great condition (pictures coming today).

I'll be picking it up next week, and in doing some research, I found that the heads on early machines don't fold down. So it sounds like I have to take the head off to transport it, but I'm not sure what I need for that. What tools should I bring? And is it as easy as just labeling all of the connections from the head into the body, taking a million pictures, and then disconnecting the wires and unscrewing/bolting the head? What other things should I be concerned about? How hard is it to get into the head?

My planned steps, and please correct me if I'm wrong or add new ones:

1) Remove backglass
2) Take pictures
3) Label connectors with electrical tape (or is there a better way?)
4) Take more pictures
5) Disconnect wires from the head.
6) Unscrew/unbolt/whatever the head and carefully put it in the vehicle (wrap with blankets)
7) Take legs off of body
8 ) Put legs in vehicle
9) Put blankets around body
10) Put body in the vehicle (pinball body, not a dead one in case NSA is watching ).

Then when I get home, I reverse the steps, excluding taking pictures.

Are there any specific gotchas with Fireball that I should be concerned about? Anything special to look for? Am I getting in way over my head? (I just soldered for the first time ever with help from LTG, so I'm REALLY new to this ).

Thanks all!

#6 6 years ago

Awesome, thanks everyone! I didn't know you could get into the head from the back, I just assumed it was going to by like my T2 where I pull the translite off and then open a door to get to the stuff, so that's very helpful to know! I think I'll be putting the machine into the back of a crossover (Hyndai Santa Fe -- I hope it fits....), so I don't know that there's enough room to just fold the head down, but I'll look into that. Also good to know there's only 3-4 connections - I was picturing a lot more than that.

I knew to remove the balls, but it's a great reminder so thank you!

Can't wait to try it out next week.

#8 6 years ago

My friend sent me some pictures of the machine and it turns out it's not the original Fireball like he said, but rather the Fireball Classic. That sucks. It's in great condition (the backglass doesn't look faded at all, which is rare from what I've read), but all of the preparation was for nothing since I'm not interested in the Classic. I was really looking forward to messing around with an EM. Oh well!

#15 6 years ago

The backglass on the Fireball Classic looks great from the picture they sent. If I weren't already breaking the bank on looking for a MET Premium, I might pull the trigger on this one, but alas, I don't have unlimited funds. Not sure how much they're going to sell it for, now that they know it's not the original, as I didn't ask.

Thanks for all the help though - it'll come in handy if I find an EM in the future that I want!!

IMG_4121_1508005929821 (resized).jpgIMG_4121_1508005929821 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monterey, CA
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fezmid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-i-move-an-original-fireball?tu=Fezmid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.