(Topic ID: 200001)

How do I know when someone responds to my post?

By WolfPin

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jfesler
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Is there a way to get an email when someone responds to a post? Or do I have to login and look? It would be nice to have the system email me if there is activity in a post. I have checked settings and tried to see if this has been asked before but didn't find anything. I'm not very familiar with using a forum, I've only done it a few times before. I seem to remember another forum I posted to (not about pins) a year or two ago would send an email when there was activity, but I could be wrong about that. Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

That's usually how forums work, but I don't think it's an option here. You'll need to log in and check. There are pages for 'topics I've posted in', 'topics I started', etc to make it easier

#3 6 years ago

Sorry, there are no notification features currently available for discussion threads. You'll have to log in and check the "topics" or "posts" tabs.

You do have the option of email notifications if you receive a PM.

#4 6 years ago

You can SEARCH by username for topics that you've posted, you don't need to actually look thru every single post trying to find yours....

#5 6 years ago

Are you talking about your post, or a thread you started?

There’s all the filters for threads you’ve started and new activity, or ones you’ve posted in, or even mentions of your username. Otherwise the only way to know someone responded directly to you in a thread you didn’t start is to read thru it if they didn’t use the @ tag

#6 6 years ago

Thanks. All questions answered!

1 month later
    #7 6 years ago

I was just looking for this setting too. Literally every forum I have ever been a part of has this feature. I am dumbfounded as to why it is missing from Pinside...

#8 6 years ago

Notifications are coming soon. We've been working on this non-stop for the past several months and are nearing completion of both the notifications system as well as our own Pinside app. Stay tuned!

1 year later
    #9 4 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Notifications are coming soon. We've been working on this non-stop for the past several months and are nearing completion of both the notifications system as well as our own Pinside app. Stay tuned!

Has the notifications been enabled yet?

What about the app?

#10 4 years ago

I tried to find this feature also. it is not here. makes no sense unless its an overhead cost decision.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from snextime:

Has the notifications been enabled yet?
    What about the app?

As far as I know, this feature long awaited by many members is still not operational.
    About a year ago, with the announcements made by the administrators, we had the hope that it would be implemented soon.
    But finally, we did not see anything and we did not have any more information about it.

So we can assume today that for certain reasons, technical, financial (may be bandwidth consumption?), the project was abandoned.
    It's a shame because this missing feature is really a big gap compared to other forums. But we have to deal with it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-i-know-when-someone-responds-to-my-post and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.