(Topic ID: 172860)

How do I know if it's a real AC/DC Let Their Be Rock limited edition?

By PinMagnet

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pingod
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

acdc_pinball_le_and_premium (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

How do I know if an AC/DC Let Their Be Rock LE I'm buying is real. The cabinet graphics and playfield are the same as a premium inside and out.

I realize theirs a certificate of authenticity (which can be printed and faked), and different backglass and side rails (which can be bought on eBay).

Is their any full proof way to know it's not a premium with add ons purchased separately?

Thank you!

acdc_pinball_le_and_premium (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Signed playfield which is done before the clearcoat, exclusive to the Le's.
And the backglass I don't think stern would make extras that the general public would buy; thats why its called Limited Edition.
I think no let there be rocks came into the Uk only Back in blacks

#3 3 years ago

Since when can you buy the mirrored LTBR back glass and armor on eBay?

#4 3 years ago

You can't buy the backglass anywhere. Even owners that have a LTBR must break there backglass with proof and send the pieces back. Plus 400 dollars

#5 3 years ago

Total unobtainium. That's how you know.

Stern has done a great job of keeping the LE specific stuff out of the hands of those that shouldn't have it, which is what I trust when I buy an LE it's really an LE

#6 3 years ago

If it could be cobbled together and is identical why would you care?

#7 3 years ago

The LE will have a cloudy PF window

#8 3 years ago

Hehehe...

#9 3 years ago

And the numbered plaque

#10 3 years ago
#11 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Even owners that have a LTBR must break there backglass with proof and send the pieces back. Plus 400 dollars

If they are still available.

Black Spiderman ones are gone.

LTG : )

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMagnet:

How do I know if an AC/DC Let Their Be Rock LE I'm buying is real?
backglass and side rails (which can be bought on eBay).

Ebay has a search feature that can include completed items. Did you see any Let There be Rock backglasses?

I think it's pretty unlikely an LE owner would sell their backglass anyway. Even if they didn't like it they would probably box it up in case they ever sold the machine. I assure you Stern & their distributors don't make it easy to get them. I wanted to hang the Back in Black one on my wall. I was unsuccessful in my quest.

#13 3 years ago

If the backglass says "Let Their Be Rock", I'm pretty sure it's a fake.

#14 3 years ago

Ask the seller for the original receipt showing the description of the goods.

#15 3 years ago

Why are you looking for one ? Sort of know a guy that is original owner #141 sitting in the same spot since he opened it.......It would take a bit to pry it from me........ Aaaaaaah him. $$$$$

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Ask the seller for the original receipt showing the description of the goods.

Hell, I could fake a receipt quicker than a mirrored backglass and impossible to find armor. The receipt would be the easiest thing to fake IMO.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Ebay has a search feature that can include completed items. Did you see any Let There be Rock backglasses?
I think it's pretty unlikely an LE owner would sell their backglass anyway. Even if they didn't like it they would probably box it up in case they ever sold the machine. I assure you Stern & their distributors don't make it easy to get them. I wanted to hang the Back in Black one on my wall. I was unsuccessful in my quest.

Exactly!!!!!

#18 3 years ago

Couldn't you just ask the seller?

#19 3 years ago

Not saying it isn't extremely difficult to get the backglass, but so is Black Spiderman

Archived after 42 days
Not sold
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition “Black Spiderman back glass,used. It has some scratches on the back,and some staining on the top corner. Hard to notice when installed in the game. 500.00 US,I have a box for it alr...”
2016-12-12
Calgary, AB

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If they are still available.
Black Spiderman ones are gone.
LTG : )

I have one BSM,with some scratches.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Antonio, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Indianapolis, IN

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside