Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Breaking_Dad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hey guys, I've discovered some ROM Chips on Ebay for my game (Simpsons DE) but I don't know whether or not I need it for my pin. I've never made any such modifications to the Boards since I've had it. Are the ROMs more along the lines of fixes for common issues or enhancements to the overall game experience?

#2 5 years ago

First check when the game starts up what version information it says on the display, maybe you already have the latest installed.
On ipdb.org you can download the roms and see what the latest versions is and sometimes there's more information about what is fixed/changed in between versions. It's up to decide then if you want/need the latest. www.thatpinballplace.com also sells roms and can help you decide.

#3 5 years ago

To answer...an updated rom for a game....can do either or both that you mentioned....although on the older games...most updates were to add more currencies and or languages,..bug fixes.....also they made a few updates for home use...(TAF,TZ)....then a few games have roms you can update with profanity....(T2,SP,).................Joey

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside