Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by dtown
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0662 (resized).JPG
IMG_0661 (resized).JPG
IMG_0663 (resized).JPG
IMG_2508 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

Simple question. I got new plastics for my Centaur. How do I get these metal posts into the new plastics? They look like they were pressed in.

IMG_2508 (resized).JPG

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Simple question. I got new plastics for my Centaur. How do I get these metal posts into the new plastics? They look like they were pressed in.

You can take a drill bit and cut away the very top of the post and remove the old plastic. You then put the new plastic on the post and your screw/cap holds it down. If the post is aluminum you can do it by hand.

#3 2 years ago

The best way I found when doing a restore with a friend was to hold the plastic in one hand and stick a soldering iron into the post from the top as gently as possible, and pull it away as soon as the post comes free. To put it in the new one, put the post on a flat surface, position the plastic over the hole, then stick your soldering iron in the top of the post again while applying pressure to the plastic. Not quite perfect, but a lot simpler and more reliable than it sounds

#4 2 years ago

I chose the soldering iron method. While it does push the melted plastic though, I like that the posts are part of the new plastic. To cover up the melted area I'll just use a small washer.

One thing I'd like to note is how these CPR plastics are off center unlike the originals. I do like the mirror finish on the studs though. Should look nice when back lit.

IMG_0661 (resized).JPG
IMG_0663 (resized).JPG
IMG_0662 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
3,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside