Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pintucky
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wifi (resized).jpg
    ecran (resized).jpg
    soudure3 (resized).jpg
    soudure2 (resized).jpg
    soudure (resized).jpg
    Connecteur (resized).jpg
    B6155D17-4F2A-4519-A887-FA9D32650626 (resized).png
    cfd2011b1274f0e4b424b9536bf0f3cc8c866548.png (resized).jpg
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

He obviously is not going to build the Creech mod and he doesn't answer PMs from Pinside. I tried calling him and I cant get through. How many of you how received a refund and how did you get it?

#2 7 years ago

how did you pay? and how long ago?

#3 7 years ago

I sent him about 6 PM's never replied. I then did a post on his thread, as you saw, no reply. I then filed a dispute with Paypal (have 180 days I think), still no reply. A few days later, just to make sure, filed a dispute on my credit card, wow did that piss off Paypal.

Never got reply from him on anything.

#4 7 years ago

How do you even call this guy? When call the number on the receipt it says the call cannot be completed as dialed. Also, what does it show up a? I called my CC Co and they find nothing under Paypal or German gaming supplies.

#5 7 years ago

Sounds like MAD Amusements in reverse.

#6 7 years ago

There must be, or at least hopefully, a mistake made somewhere. He is the guy making the large Sega color DMDs and I've been in contact with him via this email address several times. His Pinside handle is rapplebox. Last time I spoke with him via email was on October 4 and he indicated the DMDs were shipping that week. I asked him how to pay and I haven't heard back from him since. I hope everything is OK with him. This is the email address I used for him.

[email protected]

His name is Dominic.

when I go on his site and click Contact, it's blank.

if you have a number for him, remember that calling overseas is different than calling in the US so make sure you have the right dialing instructions. You have to dial the country code and possibly a zero in front of it.

Please keep us posted. I want the Sega color dmd for my baywatch.

#7 7 years ago

I have the receipt from when I paid him and it has a phone number which is 495245/834686 but it says "cannot complete as dialed" I never thought about dialing 1 or 0. I called my credit card company and nothing shows up for that amount anywhere near that time frame for that amount from German Gaming Supply or Paypal so I am at a loss. Of course I don't have the bill for that month. So, If anyone has anything to add it would be helpful.

#8 7 years ago

I dialed zero and it says the number has been restricted or is unavailable. We have been JPooped boys

#9 7 years ago

not sure what's going on. He didn't want any money upfront for the color DMDs, not a sign of someone trying to scam you. I even asked him how to pay and he never responded. if he was a scammer, he would have asked for the funds.

#10 7 years ago

Try his Facebook page, he usually checks that regularly

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

wow did that piss off Paypal.

This is what I find most interesting. I'd like to do this, a lot.

#12 7 years ago

You need to figure out how to call Germany.

Often there are other numbers, for country, city, area, etc. When I'll call the ex's family in Ukraine, it was something like ten numbers and then their number.

LTG : )

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I dialed zero and it says the number has been restricted or is unavailable. We have been JPooped boys

Dial 011. That is the US exit code before dialing an international number.

http://www.howtocallabroad.com/results.php?callfrom=united_states&callto=germany

Keep in mind--international calls may be expensive if your phone plan doesn't cover them.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

This is what I find most interesting. I'd like to do this, a lot.

When I canceled the credit card, Paypal closed my account until they had me jump through a few hoops. They made me change my credit card, verify my bank account, change my password, then I had to call them. One of the first thing they asked, was why I canceled the charge with my credit card company. I told them I never received the product, the guy never replied to my emails, and I disputed on Paypal a few days earlier, and nothing seemed to be happening, so I figured better safe then sorry. I guess they did not like that answer, and asked me the same question 3 times. Then I got to listen about how great their service was, and how everything was protected.

It was kind of a pain.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Keep in mind--international calls may be expensive if your phone plan doesn't cover them.

Every small grocery store sells cheap phone cards. Use them.

LTG : )

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I called my credit card company and nothing shows up for that amount anywhere near that time frame for that amount from German Gaming Supply or Paypal so I am at a loss. Of course I don't have the bill for that month. So, If anyone has anything to add it would be helpful.

go back to paypal, look at your transaction history and find the charge you made for this, it should tell you in the transaction info what the charge will be labeled as on your credit card

#18 7 years ago

Should be 01149 + the number, but sounds like you should be good if contesting with your credit card/PayPal.

#19 7 years ago

I had similar issues with a game board and later found out the guy died. I felt horrible for pushing to get a few hundred sheckles worth of parts. His widow eventually wanted to make good on his sales and I agreed to just take the parts and assemble them myself. I felt bad for her, he was only 43 if I recall. I would look / ask a mod to look for activity before accusing him of being a backwards Mad.
    I am sorry for your loss.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from ozuba:

Should be 01149 + the number, but sounds like you should be good if contesting with your credit card/PayPal.

but note the 49 is already in the number .. 011 49 5245 834686

before calling google "time Herzebrock"

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

before calling google "time Herzebrock"

"Who is this? It's four in the morning!"

#24 7 years ago

Their site states that the creech mod is available 10-31-2016 ?
    I've read the german forum posts about this and he is still working to get them done.

2 weeks later
    #25 7 years ago

I think the best thing to do and certainly do nothing buy to this seller (Rappelbox) or on its website (german gaming supplies).
    He never answers emails, lies every time he is questioned in public, give false numbers followed parcels ...
    Has several funny mails but no answers ...
    I always expect my order and yet I am in France not so very far.
    This will do two weeks since he got me supposedly sent my order but with à false tracking number ???????
    I'm afraid I never see my DMD or my refund...
    I think the best way is to avoid this seller and if you have friends tell them to please do buy him anything ...

#26 7 years ago

My baywatch dmd was supposed to ship last week. I only paid him a couple of weeks ago and hes generally been responsive. I will update when i get the dmd...hopefully.

I paid through paypal so feel comfortable with getting a refund if it goes in that direction.

#27 7 years ago

Something was clearly up when he said he had a working prototype of the cftbl holo mod immediately, then 2 months later had given zero technical details and shown no photos of the kit, having said it would take less than a month to ship, then starts asking for preoders paid in full with still no details, except saying it'll be 3-4 weeks until people receive the kits. I post saying wouldn't it be better to take payment when you actually have something to show or can deliver. He flys off the handle and is abusive, then edits his post to say something about having to hire an engineer (he was meant to be putting the kit together) and artist and it being so expensive. Then going on about how he must be trusted because he delivered 100 DMDs to people. Won't respond to anyone here or on german forums or by email, despite being seen on pinside and there daily. Posts something about feeling depressed (obvious excuse) and saying he'll refund people if they want one ... then 'disappears' (still checking forums all the time) again, whilst apparently still taking orders and occasionally shipping DMDs, but offering no refunds.

He may intend to deliver at some point, but clearly had zero intention of doing so when he said he did. Probably needed some cash.

1 week later
    #28 7 years ago

I got a email today from GGS saying that my order had been cancelled. anyone else

#29 7 years ago

I received tracking info for my color dmd and Dom has been more responsive lately. My dmd has been stuck in the German postal system the past four days so hoping it gets moving soon. I'll update when I receive it.

#30 7 years ago

Hmmm. I met Dominic in person two weeks ago at a pinball event and he seemed like a nice guy. Normally speaking he has always been reasonable responsive to me and I know people who did get actual products (dmd led rgb display)

I did experience some delay in response like a month ago and he told me he had been ill for some time.

I hope for you all and the pinheads this get resolved.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I got a email today from GGS saying that my order had been cancelled. anyone else

Yes, I got an email also, but I got my money back about a month ago when I disputed on my credit card.

#32 7 years ago

I tried to dispute it on my CC but they couldn't find the charge. I thought maybe he didnt charge me and wouldn't till he got the item ready to ship. Don't know

#33 7 years ago

My dmd arrived today, all looks good!

#34 7 years ago

Waiting for mine but it's on the way I believe.

8 months later
    #35 6 years ago

Ordered my display from German Gaming Supplies on 10-5 for my Popeye saves the earth,
    But the display but it did not work, are waiting for spare parts.

lots of e-mail back and forward, phone calls etc.. but it takes a long time, I ask myself if it will it ever work?

4 weeks later
    #36 6 years ago

Anyone else having issues with this seller or any success stories? I ordered a color dmd for my batman forever, but not sure how to get a
    hold of the seller. Thanks!

#37 6 years ago

It can be frustrating to deal with them at times, but they eventually deliver.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from tday01:

Anyone else having issues with this seller or any success stories? I ordered a color dmd for my batman forever, but not sure how to get a
    hold of the seller. Thanks!

Ordered and paid for a color DMD for my Street Fighter II.

It was a group buy of about 9-10 pinsiders. We got a discount rate and he even pre-loaded the software onto micro SD cards for everyone. (which was nice of him)

Communication wasn't the best and the wait was a little longer than I would have liked....but the product arrived as described.

No complaints from me.

2 weeks later
    #39 6 years ago

Ok, Thank you guys for letting me know. Just been weeks since I heard anything from him. Kinda stinks when you are paying hundreds of dollars for something and get blown off.

Have a great day guys!

1 month later
    #40 6 years ago

Buyer beware, Dominic (Rappelbox) and Joerg (Lucky1) are continuing their shady business practices. Please buy from elsewhere if considering a color LED display (PinballSP and ColorDMD would be good alternatives).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-needs-a-sega-192x64-replacement

3 months later
    #41 6 years ago

Hello, I buy the 05/01/2018 pin dmd, more than one month later I don't have tracking number. It's very difficult to contact Dominic. No response on pinside, no response by email . Only facebook contact work but with delay.
    I cross my finger... :/

#42 6 years ago

It’s unfortunately a fact that response from Dom can be slow . Can only say that till now everybody got his display that I know off. In a contact last week he told me that he has help now and that next week a lot of the backlog should be taken care off and that things should improve. Let’s keep fingers crossed. The product itself is great and deserves a place in the pinball world.

I am not associated with Dom and lucky1, just a satisfied user of their products and had by coincedence a contact last week.

#43 6 years ago

I hope you're right. It is annoying to see him online on messenger without him answering us. He really has communication problems.
    I ordered the same day a 60in1 card in China, it arrives tomorrow, the follow-up is easier with an ebay salesman than with him... :/

#44 6 years ago

He’s browsing this thread, why doesn’t he respond here?

#45 6 years ago

I can not understand it. It is also connected several times on messenger and does not read the messages. I think is read my message via notification and does the dead ...

Everyone can be late, but don't take your clients for jerks.

#46 6 years ago

Still waiting on a public explanation from Dominic for this behavior.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Still waiting on a public explanation from Dominic for this behavior.

Don't expect anything productive from him. He belittles and accuses anyone who questions him and his business practices as a "color dmd fanboy."

After the way I've seen him treat friends & fellow pinsiders I'll never buy from him ever again!

#48 6 years ago

I really need this product, but no way I'm ordering it from these guys.

#49 6 years ago

i bought a LED color DMD (DMDMK66) from Pinballsp instead

within 5 days i had the product in my machine....top nice, quality product,good communication with the seller (Louis) only downside is that the coloring software is not finished yet, but the stock 4 color palette works great....

#50 6 years ago

Edit at Dominik's request

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-i-get-a-refund-frm-german-gaming-supplies/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.