Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Cliffy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I know this has been talked about before but I do not remember if a good solution was ever suggested. To fix the bent up Cliffy on my WOZ throne room hole was to remove the Cliffy. Remove all old glue, and clean with alcohol. Pre-bend (over bend slightly) in the opposite direction it bent up in so once re-installed the bent edge will be pushed firmly down on the playfield again. I used a 3M command strip for an adhesive. You have to use the thin plastic backed ones and not the foam backed ones. The thin plastic backed ones look to be about the same thickness of the ones used on Cliffy's. Remember to clean the surface of the playfield with alcohol before re-installing.

#2 8 years ago

Good fix, style. Thanks for the tip! I'm also now making this one in my new carbon fiber which should never warp. Cost more but probably well worth it to avoid the frustration factor

#3 8 years ago

I didn't realize you were using carbon fiber. How long have you been using carbon fiber material? Great idea, they should hold up well.

#4 8 years ago

i was going to say... get a new cliffy

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I didn't realize you were using carbon fiber. How long have you been using carbon fiber material?

They been in test for several months but only getting them out there very very recently. See TWD threads too. Not on my site yet but should be up pretty soon now that I have a friend helping me with that

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-i-fix-my-ciffy-that-is-bent-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.