(Topic ID: 6829)

How do I find out if there are any pin auctions near me?

By GoBlue

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by the96stang
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Anyone know? Thanks in advance!

#2 12 years ago

www.auctionzip.com

Once found an auction 2 miles from my house that had 2 pins. Unfortunately, both were overbid, and I guarantee those bidders realized afterwards they overpaid.

It was a high flyer that went for $325
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=1167

and a Stargate SG-1 that went for $1200
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=2847

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Once found an auction 2 miles from my house that had 2 pins ...

Wait, they have auctions by us? Where, and how often?

#4 12 years ago

@gweempose: Not a regular thing.. this was an estate auction at someone's house, so it's random places. There might be a consistent one in rockford, but I usually just do a search for pinball to see if there are any. They usually post photos so you can see if it's a waste of your time or not

#5 12 years ago

excellent! going to have to eyeball that site at least monthly to figure out if anyone is selling anything around Cbus!

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Once found an auction 2 miles from my house that had 2 pins. Unfortunately, both were overbid, and I guarantee those bidders realized afterwards they overpaid.
    It was a high flyer that went for $325
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=1167
    and a Stargate SG-1 that went for $1200
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=2847

No not really I assume your talking about the acution in huntley. I bought the stargate it actually cost me $ 1100 with buyers premium. The game is in great shape I put the repro rope light from pb resource in and fixed one bad solder joint on the vuk and have been playing the hell out of it. I feel great about the price and love the game. But maybe i am the fool?
    Steve

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from ssbodyman:

But maybe I am the fool?

If it's in great shape like you say it is, $1,100 was definitely a fair price. Awesome game, by the way!

#8 12 years ago

Thanks gweempose it was a little dirty but has very little wear. The bidding slowed down around 750 or so I thought I was gonna get a hell of a deal then another guy started in ran me up to 1000 he was talking shit afterward about how I overpaid but some how if he would have got it for his last bid 950 it would have been an ok deal? humm I wonder if toyotaboy was that guy?

#9 12 years ago

No ssbodyman, I was bidding on the hi-flyer, glad I didn't buy it knowing how slow play was. I had a feeling stargate was out of my range, but I could see the frustration on your face as you were getting pushed to a higher bid. I think live auctions in general end up overpaying because your sitting in the cold for 4 hours waiting for your item to go on the block, as apposed to eBay where u bid at your leisure. Pin itself seemed clean, just wasn't my theme.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I think live auctions in general end up overpaying

There is the desire to win and time is ticking so people get crazy at times.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

No ssbodyman, I was bidding on the hi-flyer

glad it wasnt you toyota I did set my limit at 900 plus the 10% buyers premium before I left home, but I did get alittle of that auction mentality going and thought Ill be damned if that guy is going to beat me. That said I have no regrets on the game

#12 12 years ago

ssbodyman, I totally would have paid that much for it, so no worries.

#13 12 years ago

Sometimes I think you have to get a little lucky at the big auctions. I've been to there several times with my 50' extension cord and couldn't afford to buy one pin, always out bid. One of the pins was a WPC Party Zone had been in a fire and smoked bad went for a lot more cash than I imagined. Then I saw several guys walking around with camera phones and lots of cash in their hands taking pics of different pins and sending them to potential buyers. They did the same thing with arcade stand-up vids. I wanted the Taxi pin I was playing so bad. Man, I thought, I'm bidding against people that might be laying in bed. I'm sure there are steals at auctions, just not been my experience with system 80 and newer.

Post edited by Loupie : add info

#14 12 years ago

Bought my alien star for 65 dollars at an auction

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-i-find-out-if-there-are-any-pin-auctions-near-me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.