(Topic ID: 210389)

How do I clean a dirty lockbar receiver ?

By MichaelMullen

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by maestro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180220-163034 (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Looks fine to me. Put the lockbar on and play.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Wire wheel (soft bristle) and clear lacquer.

I'd second this...if you feel it really bothers you. Evaporust doesn't do shit, I've left rusty legs wrapped in paper towels overnight and it didn't do anything.

I just don't see the point. The lockbar receiver isn't seen and nobody really cares...unless its a high end restore and everything else is extremely nice, in which case a dirty lockbar receiver will stand out when the game is opened and the buyer inspects it.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

wait... wrapped in paper towels???
    you have to leave the legs submerged in the stuff for a day. Evaporust works like a charm.

The instructions I followed said to soak paper towels in Evaporust and wrap the legs. That way they are coated overnight. What container could you use for pinball machine legs and how much Evaporust otherwise?

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Left my SBM legs for like a month or two .

Geez, a month???? I don't really have a place to leave something like that a month. I never heard that it took a month for Evaporust to work...no wonder I thought it didn't do shit. A month?... I don't have that kind of time.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Standard is to make yourself a PVC tube to put them in

And then you have to fill the tube as well? Geez, by the time you buy all that PVC and Evaporust you might as well buy new legs.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha neither do I. I've never left anything in over 2 days unless I forgot aboot it.

Lol. Pretty expensive too. You are into 3 gallons of Evaporust rust for about.70 bucks not including PVC. Ends up more expensive than buying a new set of legs and takes a helluva lot longer!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-i-clean-a-dirty-lockbar-receiver?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.