Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flipperbat2 (resized).png
flipperbat1 (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

Everyone has all these huge rebuilds of the actual coils and stuff, I just need to put a new plastic on the flipper....and youtube seemingly has no documentation on this?

I have the new flipper plastic, should I just pull harder to remove the old one?

#2 5 years ago

What game ? It may be screwed on from the bottom.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

Gottlieb's 1977 Team One white plastic typical flippers, they look like they just pop right off? but idk....most of the flipper rebuilds on youtube are literally 1 hour long and its like finding a needle in a haystack...

#4 5 years ago

If it is a removable bat, and not one that is moulded to the shaft, you will have to remove the flipper bat assembly with the shaft from the machine to access the screw/s as LTG says.

flipperbat1 (resized).pngflipperbat1 (resized).pngflipperbat2 (resized).pngflipperbat2 (resized).png
#5 5 years ago

oh hehe....guess i should have checked the manual lol....didnt think of that, ty for finding this for me! ^_^

#6 5 years ago

HA I DID IT! I just did my very first repair job! ^_^

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Slade:

Awesome. I think we all started slowly. A small repair here and there followed closely behind by, "screw it, I'll just rip the whole damn thing apart".

#8 5 years ago

Nicely done Slade!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Slade:

Excellent !

As you grown and gain experience. Be sure and help others when you can. That really makes pinball great !

LTG : )

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I think we all started slowly. A small repair here and there followed closely behind by, "screw it, I'll just rip the whole damn thing apart".

yea the next thing you know you will be doing airbrushing, waterslide decal touch ups and clear-coating playfields, cutting your own stencils for cab repairs etc!

This thing called Pinball gets a hold of you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-i-change-the-flipper-plastic?hl=slade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.