Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG9778.jpg
IMAG9777.jpg
IMAG9654.jpg
IMAG9653[1].jpg
#1 10 years ago

The Strange Science I purchased did not have a topper. After a long search, no one had one for sale, so I just bought the neon bulb. I figured I could just attach it to my machine without the plastic cover. However, after looking in the backbox, I can't see any way to anchor the neon tube to the game. I assume there are some sort of parts that hold the tube to the backbox. Could any of you that own a Strange Science with a topper post a few photos of the way your neon tube connects to the machine? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 10 years ago

I'm sure someone will post some pics but if not message me. I think there is a ss near me I could get some pics of, at a skating rink, if needed.

#3 10 years ago

thanks Azmodeus. I'll let you know if no one else can help out.

Keith

3 weeks later
#4 10 years ago

IMAG9653[1].jpgIMAG9653[1].jpgIMAG9654.jpgIMAG9654.jpg here are pictures of my strange science neon. hope his helps.

#5 10 years ago

Wish I had the clear plastic cover and white bases. All I've got is the neon tube. It is impossible to find a stange science topper. I'll end op making something to hold the neon tube, probably by turning some wood on a lathe.

Any chance you could send a picture of how the topper actually is wired into the backbox? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Keith

#6 10 years ago

I have a strange science that looks like it is huo, I just hurt my left foot, and left hand, but it you can wait a few days, I will take any pictures you need, just ask, but you will need to give me a few days so I can walk again before I can take any pictures. Pm me with what you need and I will try and take them for you.

David

#7 10 years ago

Boneman I will get some pictures tonight and post them tomorrow. Yeah you just missed a set of the White Neon holds a set sold on ebay back on January 5th for $15.

#8 10 years ago

Thanks guys. Im going out of town today for the rest of the week, so no rush. Sure appreciate it though. Damn, wish I'd seen the auction for those holders....

#9 10 years ago

here are the inside cab pictures

IMAG9777.jpgIMAG9777.jpg IMAG9778.jpgIMAG9778.jpg
#10 10 years ago

Thanks. Looks like I've got to get a set of those white holders....

#11 10 years ago

Maybe you can find someone with a 3D printer to make you some.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-i-attach-a-strange-science-neon-topper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.