5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by DelaBZ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DelaBZ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hello,
I am pretty much a novice and was really hoping for some help and advice for installing and powering extra motors. I am trying to install 2 small, lightweight pieces that will slowly rotate on my machine. Can anyone help me choose the proper motor and explain where I would connect it for power?

The motor does not need a lot of power as it is rotating a small and light weight piece of plastic. It should be smaller in order to fit in a specific location so it is easy to hide or cover, it should also have a short shaft due to height constraints. The motor's rpm can be slow or fast, it doesn't make much difference to me; but I don't want to to be too slow. I'm thinking at least 10 rpm should do the trick.

Based on my limited knowledge and understanding I found these 2 motors which I thought might possibly work...
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/14-7944 , which is a replacement for a Williams "Fire!" Machine and http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/14-7939 , which is a motor for a beacon on "Highspeed". I think if I could make either of these motors functional in my machine it would meet the size requirements and other specs I'm looking for. The motor would be going into a cactus canyon and the location would be very close to the backbox; so would either Of these motor work in a CC? If so, where would I connect it for power? If neither of these motors will work, does anyone have a suggestion for another one and explain how I would power that motor?

I sincerely appreciate any help on this! I have been doing a lot of reading and research on different motors, voltages, Splitter cables, motor Hz, extra power supply boards; been trying to figure this out for weeks now on my own, but none of it is really making sense or helping me solve the problem.

#2 5 years ago

Also for this project I need to install and power 2 motors, for two small plastic parts, thank you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DelaBZ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!