(Topic ID: 160331)

How do I access the bookmarks I have made?

By cooked71

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Manny65
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fav_button (resized).png
    bookmarked_posts (resized).png
    bookmark_a_post (resized).png
    bookmarked_post (resized).png
    #1 7 years ago

As the title says - can't find information on it anywhere. Once I place a bookmark on a post, how do I go back to it?

#3 7 years ago

No, the little flag icon in the bottom right of each post, near the quote/report/link icons. Once you place the bookmark, how do you find it again?

#4 7 years ago

I played with this bookmark yesterday and didn't get any results. Maybe a future tool not implemented yet? Could be a cool feature.

Anyone know?

2 weeks later
    #5 7 years ago

So is this an existing feature (accessing bookmarks) or do I need to put in a feature request? Maybe one of the Pinside team can chime in?

3 months later
    #6 7 years ago

Looks like you have to first 'Favorite' the threat, then you can place a 'Bookmark' of posts within the thread. When you view your Favorites then you will see the little bookmark symbol by the title of the thread. You can then click the symbol and it will take you to your bookmarked messages. I guess this is like having to have the book before you can place bookmarks in it.

1 year later
    #7 6 years ago

Hey guys, just found out how to do it if anybody still wants to know. If you go to forums, then to posts, you will see "posts you have bookmarked".

#8 6 years ago

Ugh, really sorry I only noticed this thread now. I really should do some kind of FAQ / Help section of Pinside features

Okay, about Bookmarks. There are two types of bookmarks on Pinside: favorite threads and bookmarked posts.

Fav threads
    Favorite threads can be marked using the star icon at the top and bottom of any thread you visit. Once you favorite a thread, it will show up in your "favorite topics" here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topics/user-favorited

Hit this button to fav the topic!Hit this button to fav the topic!

Bookmark posts
    Bookmarking specific posts can be done using the little bookmark icon in the bottom left under any post. A pink coloured window pops up and you should now choose to save an actual bookmark in your bookmarked posts, or simply save your read position in a thread (e.g. like an old-fashioned bookmarker).

When you store a post in your bookmarked posts, you can add a summary of your own and even tags (which will work as a filter - but that's not implemented yet).

Here I create an entry in my bookmarked postsHere I create an entry in my bookmarked posts

And then you will find all your bookmarked posts here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/posts/user-bookmarked :

There it is!There it is!

When you only store your read position, this will only display an icon for that thread and when you click it you will be returned to that post in the thread.

This thread contains a bookmarked post, click the yellow box to jump to it and carry on reading from there!This thread contains a bookmarked post, click the yellow box to jump to it and carry on reading from there!

1 year later
    #9 4 years ago

So glad to finally find this info!

Was a bit frustrating trying to find a bookmark I set to mark my spot within a super long club thread.

2 years later
    #10 1 year ago
    Quoted from robin:

Bookmark posts
    Bookmarking specific posts can be done using the little bookmark icon in the bottom left under any post. A pink coloured window pops up and you should now choose to save an actual bookmark in your bookmarked posts, or simply save your read position in a thread (e.g. like an old-fashioned bookmarker).
    When you store a post in your bookmarked posts, you can add a summary of your own and even tags (which will work as a filter - but that's not implemented yet).

robin are tags in bookmarks still planned? It'd be very useful to help arrange / find specific bookmarks as the list grows

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-i-access-the-bookmarks-i-have-made and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.