4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Jurassic-Park-3-008.jpg
    7_G.jpg
    25_G.jpg
    image.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

Just curious. Saw an Indiana Jones HEP for $14,000. Have any of you guys bought a HEP? Or had them do a restore? With IJ going normally for around 6-7, how do you price a HEP? For double the price what exactly do you get?

#2 4 years ago

I cannot comment on his prices as its well beyond my range. When it was done matters as HEP posted awhile back about how his work has gotten more thorough over the years. This is on top of the notion that once it leaves HEP and gets played, it gets worn like everything else.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

With IJ going normally for around 6-7, how do you price a HEP? For double the price what exactly do you get?

It is an ultimate high-end restore. Minty perfect and better than new. Doing this kind of restore takes considerable amount of time and effort.

#4 4 years ago

Chris is on this forum just PM him or email or call him directly.

#5 4 years ago

HEP games do NOT wear like every other game I assure you that. I've had a couple previously hep'd games that still were AMAZING years later.

#7 4 years ago

Don't doubt the effort and end result at all. Their work is amazing. Just curious what people have paid for Hep games and if they play those pins a lot or just collect them more.

#8 4 years ago

Ah, didn't read who was posting. You win this time troll.

#9 4 years ago

I've visited their site. Just curious what people have paid for HEP. It's case by case, I know.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Ah, didn't read who was posting. You win this time troll.

Come on man, no need for that.

#11 4 years ago

Multiply an average

Quoted from kaneda:For double the price what exactly do you get?

You get a machine that will look and smell pretty. Will cook your breakfast in the morning and sing you a lullaby before bed.

Like a super model wife that won't take half when you get divorced.

#12 4 years ago

Not a chance you'll get a straight answer on this, for good reason.

#13 4 years ago

Talk to Chris. Not us.

#14 4 years ago

What do you get exactly? A High End Pin.

#15 4 years ago

Anyone who's bought a HEP care to share what they spent? Or sold ome for? I know Chris can give me prices, just got curious when I saw an IJ for $14,000 on what a second hand HEP is worth.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Anyone who's bought a HEP care to share what they spent? Or sold ome for? I know Chris can give me prices, just got curious when I saw an IJ for $14,000 on what a second hand HEP is worth.

a second hand IJ hep would be worth 13K....

end of thread

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Not a chance you'll get a straight answer on this, for good reason.

Reason being where the question is coming from. Wish he would take another 2 month break.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

a second hand IJ hep would be worth 13K....
    end of thread

Thanks

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Reason being where the question is coming from. Wish he would take another 2 month break.

Love you too man. Why am I bothering you?

#20 4 years ago

Over $22k for my HEP MM. Worth every penny when it was done. Took a year.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

Wow. I bet it's amazing. Did u supply the pin or did they?

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Love you too man. Why am I bothering you?

Replace "you" with "everyone".

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from BobLangelius:

Talk to Chris. Not us.

Yep talk to Hep

#24 4 years ago

Chris is very easy to get in touch with if you're serious about a machine or want to authenticate the game you're looking at..But even he may not always be able to tell you what a used one should be worth today.. it all depends really on what the original buyer paid for his used game and when Chris did the restore.. AND look on his web page... it's pretty well mapped out what it will cost you TODAY to start/complete a basic Williams type restoration.. variations depending on parts needed...

A person may have sent him a game a few years ago that was trashed and had from a barn for $500 and then had it restored for less than today (read his postings.. and view the pics.. he almost alway does a complete new cabinet nowadays)....

Read his weppage..
    Read his history here...
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-evolution-of-hephigh-end-pins

Chat with the seller first and find out more about the game.. original condition, year purchased, and what all done by HEP and you'll get a ball park idea on what you should be offering..

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

For double the price what exactly do you get?

If you have to ask you can't afford it...lol.

What you get is the best of the best.

#26 4 years ago

Thanks guys. Got a lot of great info. I'd love to see some HEP machines upclose. Wonder if anyone near Nyc has one. I have nothing but respect for guys who make things immaculate and better than new. Maybe they can work on me and people will like HEP Kaneda

#27 4 years ago

Fix it Felix!

#28 4 years ago

It's not cheap but it's worth it if you have the $$ and want the best. My wife and I aren't rich by any stretch of the imagination but we wanted a Playboy game that was better than new. I play it quite a bit and don't particularly care if it's worn to the wood by the time I'm gone. I paid the money to enjoy playing (and looking) at it. By the way, Chris is a super nice guy and a pleasure to deal with.

#29 4 years ago

Friend of mine sent Chris a REAL beater MB, added a NOS MB PF Chris had, IPB MB Cabinet Decals and it ran him $7.5K PLUS the shipping & that was 5-6 years ago.

His MB is STILL insanely beautiful & plays better than new !

Figure $6K-$10K on top of your original Game & then it still depends - whether your PF is good or needs a NOS/Repro PF (Chris seems to have lots of NOS PF's ;-}) needs/doesn't need Cabinet Decals or a maybe a new Cabinet.

Don't forget White Glove shipping both ways or at least for its return trip to you so add at least another grand.

So toss in a beater IJ, maybe $3500 (if you're really lucky), add in NOS/Repro PF with the HEP treatment, new Decals - use the higher number above & you're close to or at $14K (without shipping).

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

Whats amazing to me is someone has that kind of money laying around to restore a pin. I don't think my whole collection would be worth much more than this one pin and I have some pretty highly rated pins. I always feel like a poor slob in this hobby, way too many people with way to much money to burn here.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

For double the price what exactly do you get?

http://www.highendpins.com/process.htm

Quoted from kaneda:

Wow. I bet it's amazing. Did u supply the pin or did they?

http://www.highendpins.com/faq.htm

Quoted from kaneda:

I've visited their site. Just curious what people have paid for HEP. It's case by case, I know.

http://www.highendpins.com/pricing.htm

You actually have to pay the full amount though. I've heard this may be a deal breaker for you?

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If you have to ask you can't afford it...lol.
    What you get is the best of the best.

What's a ZJ?

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

http://www.highendpins.com/process.htm

http://www.highendpins.com/faq.htm

http://www.highendpins.com/pricing.htm
    You actually have to pay the full amount though. I've heard this may be a deal breaker for you?

Why are you being a dick? I paid $30,000 for my games / pin. I can afford a hep or two

#34 4 years ago

I'll take ZJ for $20, Alex.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Why are you being a dick? I paid $30,000 for my games / pin. I can afford a hep or two

I think he may be referring to the Fix it Felix fiasco you were involved in. No matter what the end result was, you will never live what happened down on this forum. I could be wrong on this though.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

I think he may be referring to the Fix it Felix fiasco you were involved in. No matter what the end result was, you will never live what happened down on this forum. I could be wrong on this though.

So let me get this straight, me and the seller worked everything out and yet I won't be forgiven. Yeah that makes sense. Just shows how caddy and immature some people here are. I didn't rip anyone off. How many times does Colton have to say we are cool?

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

I'm not being a dick. Every question you asked was answered on HEP's website, and I linked you to relevant pages.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

I'm not being a dick. Every question you asked was answered on HEP's website, and I linked you to relevant pages.

At least own up to this dick line man.

If you are gonna talk shit just own up to it like a man.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Have any of you guys bought a HEP?

To answer your original question, yes. One of the reasons I couldn't be bothered with one of those silly remakes.
    http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album459

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

At least own up to this dick line man.
    If you are gonna talk shit just own up to it like a man.

It's been documented on this forum that you tried to short a teenage kid on a Felix. Just because you evened things up after you were publicly shamed for it does not absolve any wrong doing.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

It's been documented on this forum that you tried to short a teenage kid on a Felix. Just because you evened things up after you were publicly shamed for it does not absolve any wrong doing.

Let us not forget the countless locked troll threads and "look at me" self promotion threads.

Want to buy a Tron Kanada?

#42 4 years ago

I'm getting a HEP treatment on my grail Cirqus Voltaire only because I'm sure this is the one pin I want to keep for a lifetime. Really expensive but worth it for lifetime keepers.

Honestly, at this point I don't know if I can justify any other pin given such an extreme money draining treatment. I was a little naive earlier on thinking I would do HEPs for a slew of my favorite Bally Williams pins. But its just too much money and you lose a lot if you play to sell them later on.

#43 4 years ago

Wow I didn't see this coming. A thread that Kaneda, started that soon becomes all about him and his drama.

#44 4 years ago

Haha. Man this guy is not popular. Might want to lay low for a while. Sit the next couple plays out.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

Evened things up? No more money exchanged hands. Get your facts straight. And funny how the trolls derail my thread and then complain saying it's all about me when I defend myself. Can't win with these guys, ever.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Evened things up? No more money exchanged hands. Get your facts straight. And funny how the trolls derail my thread and then complain saying it's all about me when I defend myself. Can't win with these guys, ever.

image.jpg

#47 4 years ago

With any high end restore , it is up to the buyer and what you want done
    You want everything under the playfield chromed?
    You want fancy plastic wallpaper on the legs?
    You want a colorDMD installed
    New coin door?

You can have what you want, but the more you want, the more it will cost

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

HEP games do NOT wear like every other game I assure you that.

Yep. The one I was once caretaker for is still sitting pretty where it is now. The friends I sold it to are most happy with it. No complaints. I get to play it when I go over there. And I do. No wear in sight.

#49 4 years ago

One of the coolest things about this particular machine is that the initials HEP are still up there as the grand champion score. Some 153+ million. Oh, I came close a couple of times. This game plays fast.

#50 4 years ago

Got my TZ back from Chris the day after Christmas, took me almost a month to knock HEP out of the Grand Champion slot!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 17.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 199.99
    $ 329.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Decals
    The MOD Couple
    $ 156.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods
    $ 179.99
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 9.99
    $ 26.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    $ 6.00
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Mods
    $ 21.00
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside