Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Ok, so who the #$%^ decided to leave "Who Made Who" off the ACDC pinball machine. As much as I love the game and Stern for making it, WTF ACDC & Stern!

#2 11 years ago

Probably the band and Stern's budgeters. Its why Shoot to Thrill isn't on there. I wonder how that would have fit in a mode, find the random target?

#3 11 years ago

They were allowed 12 songs and designed most of the shots/features around those songs. Ya win some ya lose some....the good news is - all the songs in the game are good, and you can still listen to any other AC/DC song you enjoy on your iPod or whatever.

#4 11 years ago

The pin has been out how long now, and we are still getting these kind of threads started?

#5 11 years ago

i can say the same thing with dirty deeds done dirt cheap, big balls... we can't have it all.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The pin has been out how long now, and we are still getting these kind of threads started?

I couldn't resist............I was playing it today and realized how much better this pin could have been. It worries me as we are soon to learn about the choices made for Metallica.

#7 11 years ago

I was more concerned dirty deeds and long way to the top weren't on there

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I couldn't resist............I was playing it today and realized how much better this pin could have been. It worries me as we are soon to learn about the choices made for Metallica.

...but - none of the songs in AC/DC are "bad choices". I enjoy all of those songs. The only one I tend to avoid is "For Those About to Rock" cuz it has such a slow build-up....but if I wait until I've got Multiballs ready to go and can keep that song going for a while - it's super epic! Sure, as a fan I wish Ballbreaker, Shoot to Thrill, Who Made Who, etc were in there...but everything in there is good and works for the game.

#9 11 years ago

I spoke with Steve about this. He said they were licensed for 12 songs only. Acdc management wanted the songs on the pin too also feature some of their newer music as well as their old. It was a give and take on the pin new songs vs old.

#10 11 years ago

well, then, we need code for more songs. For those about to rock is kicking my ass right now.

#11 11 years ago

Just be glad that your dream pin finally came into reality.

#12 11 years ago

If Stern was only licensed to do twelve songs, I don't see any way that they would pay to add more. So that's out, even if it can be done.

#13 11 years ago

Ok, so who the #$%^ decided to leave "Who Made Who" off the ACDC pinball machine. As much as I love the game and Stern for making it, WTF ACDC & Stern!

I feel your pain! I think AC/DC is fantastic machine, and I love playing it. But every time I play one, I can't help but think how wrong it is that Shoot to Thrill isn't part of the game.

#14 11 years ago

And they used to play "I feel safe in NY city" 10 times a day on the local station until 9/11

#15 11 years ago

Ok, so who the #$%^ decided to leave "Who Made Who" off the ACDC pinball machine

Probably because it's AC/DCs worse song? When the band became a parody of itself?

The Youngs probably want to forget that era of the band's history .....

rd

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...but - none of the songs in AC/DC are "bad choices". I enjoy all of those songs. The only one I tend to avoid is "For Those About to Rock" cuz it has such a slow build-up....but if I wait until I've got Multiballs ready to go and can keep that song going for a while - it's super epic!

And thats AC/DCs best song!

The slow build up intro to that song can still stand the hairs up on my arms ... and I bought the album when it came out in 1982ish ... when I was a 12 year old rocker.

Except for Bon era, which slowly rose album to album until the peak of Highway to Hell, the classic AC/DC albums have got to be Black in Black, For Those About to Rock and Flick of the Switch. Sorta went a bit downhill after that .... Black Ice was a return to form though.

rd

#17 11 years ago

Last good AC/DC album: For those about to rock.
Last AC/DC album that had a good song on it: Flick of the switch.
Everything after that is absolutely hilarious.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Last good AC/DC album

Last great one

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Unfortunately, this isn't far from reality.

The Bon albums were all great ... But when Brian Johnson joined the band they went to the next level.

Interestingly, in Brian's previous band Geordie, he doesn't sing like he did on Back in Black.

When they were recording the Back in Black album, the producer Mutt Lange heard Brian "howling" at the end of a recording and said "I want you to sing like that all the time"

The rest is history ....

rd.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

» YouTube video

That was GREAT. I said good.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

That was GREAT. I said good.

We're all on the same page.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Its why Shoot to Thrill isn't on there.

The song is almost 5 1/2 minutes long. Too much memory and balls don't last that long.

Quoted from beatmaster:

i can say the same thing with dirty deeds done dirt cheap, big balls...

Both songs are more recitals than songs. I'm glad neither made it.

Quoted from pinmanguy:

...long way to the top weren't on there

Also too long.

#23 11 years ago

We used to play Bon era songs in my cover band.

We kept them for when we all got drunk and wanted something easy to play and rock out to

DIRTY DEEEEEEEEEDS!! Done dirt cheap!

TNTTTTTT!! I'm f***ing dynamite!!

IT'S A LONGGGG WAYYYYYYY TO THE SHOOOOOP WHEN YOU WANT A SAUSAGE ROLLLLLLLL!!

you get the idea.

rd.

#24 11 years ago

TFTC does that when it's waiting for a player.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We're all on the same page.

Wow. You did say great.
That's the last Lucky U IPA for me.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

That's the last Lucky U IPA for me.

Maybe the last Jack and Coke 4 me 2-nite. Edit- This AM

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

TFTC does that when it's waiting for a player.

No doubt! How strong are those drinks o-din

rd.

#28 11 years ago

I always thought BJ was holding that cap on for dear life so that it wouldn't get out that he was one of those long haired bald guys.

I just went to IPDB and was checking out pics of the premium. I was really hoping to find a pic on the game with him holding that hat on. But what do I see? On the side of the backbox it would appear he's actually a long haired long hair guy.

Is this true or is that photoshop? Is that the only hatless (hatless? that doesn't seem right). Is that the only picture of him without a hat?

No offense to bald guys. I'm one of you.

#29 11 years ago

I've got plenty of mixer left.

#30 11 years ago

Who Made Who is being saved for the inevitable "Maximum Overdrive" pin.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Is this true or is that photoshop? Is that the only hatless (hatless? that doesn't seem right). Is that the only picture of him without a hat?
No offense to bald guys. I'm one of you.

I don't think I've ever seen him without his hat on .... maybe back when he first joined the band, but certainly not recently ....

Even a Google search didn't bring up anything ...

rd

#32 11 years ago

If this will make you all feel better, well here you go-

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

What's wrong with The Razor's Edge album??

#34 11 years ago

Big Balls is the only glaring omission for me. Would have loved to see it as a Midnight Madness or some other rarely seen mode. Not a song you hear every time or that you can select.

Since we can't get more songs, I'd really like an option that puts the intros back on the songs that are already there. Sometimes I'm not playing to rifle through as many songs as I can. It would be nice to hear the whole song as the band recorded it.

#35 11 years ago

Squeeler!!!

#36 11 years ago

Shot down in flames and girls got rhythm would have been cool as well - a 3 or 4 second blurb of Bon Scott yelling "shot down in flames" when you drain a ball would be a cool add on that shouldn't take much memory.

#37 11 years ago

Have a toy 18 wheeler with an evil green face to shoot at

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Good call!

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Shot down in flames and girls got rhythm would have been cool as well - a 3 or 4 second blurb of Bon Scott yelling "shot down in flames" when you drain a ball would be a cool add on that shouldn't take much memory.

That would be awesome! Considering how great the game is Stern should consider releasing a DLC song pack for this machine if they could work out licensing. Some of us have spent over $100 on mods for this machine so I'm sure Stern could easily sell a $50 song pack.

#40 11 years ago

Code is not over yet................who knows maybe some surprises are in store for us.

#41 11 years ago

Ballbreaker. Yeah Ballbreak. Song should have been in game and is more new.

#42 11 years ago

Ritchie told me no more songs. He also told me that who made who was barely in their top 500 acdc songs to get.

I think big balls, dirty deeds done dirt cheap and who made who would all have been amazing.

#43 11 years ago

Hey, if it were up to me I'd have put the whole Powerage album in. There's a reason people like us don't make these decisions.

#44 11 years ago

IMO "Its a Long Way to the Top" i thought that was a obvious choice.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Ritchie told me no more songs. He also told me that who made who was barely in their top 500 acdc songs to get.

I think big balls, dirty deeds done dirt cheap and who made who would all have been amazing.

AC/DC is a solid game. Just an example though of why wouldn't you ask the pinball community for their vote on top songs to be included from a list of approved choices. SR is awesome just sayin. Why I'm digging Predator, JJ and JPOP approach to development. Still happy to have them all.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Why I'm digging Predator, JJ and JPOP approach to development. Still happy to have them all.

+100...especially the Coach Pop approach.....

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Code is not over yet................who knows maybe some surprises are in store for us.

Sounds like some more updates will come eventually. I heard that the game won't be complete until 2.0 is released?

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Happy Toyz

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If this will make you all feel better, well here you go-
» YouTube video

I still want to put that big green face on the front of my pin hauler.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-didnt-who-made-who-make-the-acdc-pin-wtf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.