Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Mitch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How do you build your collection”

• Just buy what I like to play 41 votes
      67%
    • Plan it out by machine play type (fast, long, deep rules) so you don’t get bored 3 votes
      5%
    • Plan it out to get a little for everyone (easy, hard, music, theme, funny) 3 votes
      5%
    • Get a little from all generations of pinball 14 votes
      23%

(Multiple choice - 61 votes by 59 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VillaThrills.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I just shuffled the game room around and have room for one more pin. But I also created a new space out of a large storage room that should have room for another 3 maybe 4 pins. So the question is, did you plan exactly what you wanted in a collection? Did you just start grabbing ones you wanted to try?

For instance, I am interested in an AFM LE but I would think that we would get bored with it as we like complex rules in our games. However for the casual player coming over it would be a great game to have as many of mine will either kick your butt or be ridiculously hard to comprehend the rules. Do you ever get games that are mostly for others to enjoy?

So how do you plan your collection?

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I started by buying what ever I could find cheap - fixed those up one at a time - then as I got them finished played them and decided what I liked and what should get sold. After a few years the collection was totally paid for with money from buying & selling other machines.
    I never look for specific titles - I just buy stuff that is selling below current market value and keep changing out the collection as I find machines I like better than the ones we currently own. That "ride" will be coming to an end shortly after buyer & selling over 300 machines and now have about a dozen we really like in the collection. I'll still be working with parts machines but no more buying & selling machines for me after the last few are finally sold off.
    When you look for specific titles it seems you tend to overpay for what you buy. When you buy with is "cheap" or what is being sold under market value you can always trade up and most of the time make a few dollars in the process. Lots of different machines will always be more fun then just picking a few in my eyes!

So far that is how I had started. I have made money on everything I have bought and sold. Then JJP POTC came along and screwed that whole plan up. Lol. Oh well, hopefully that one doesn’t leave the collection.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VillaThrills.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-did-you-expand-your-collection?tu=VillaThrills and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.