9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lemmings_us_box_art.jpg
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Pascal-pinball is a 9 year Pinsider with almost 3 million Karma so I don't think he's fibbing

Nope Pascal is a great and correct guy!

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I was told by a distributor after I inquired about TWD via phone call - that Stern has the PRO and LE models but she went out of her way to say 'but Stern is not ruling out a premium model in the future. So keep that in mind when ordering'...

I didn't order one, so I didn't get the memo. But I think it is good that Stern is making this public knowledge before any money changes hands. I would assume that all distributers would be advising their customers of this before buying one of the existing models.

On the other hand it might slow sales as people might opt to wait.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Edit, I am talking Tron VE (premium) that has the LE features minus the numbered plaque and signed PF.

TRON LE Didn't have a signed PF, NEXT!

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I would buy a Tron premium just to piss off the TRON LE owners.

Already started pissing off the LE owners a little getting a thumbs down from Rarehero is a start.

I am partly responsible for IM VE since my thread predicted it's arrival with uncanny ability, so I think I'm as good a judge of what Stern may do as any.

I don't think Stern with make a Tron LE (as a VE, I think the Tron VE will be another pro run, like IM) but a LE (VE) would sell and I would probably buy one.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

And I own a Tron pro so if Stern is listening, Disney still has the license and people will be sending you money that will make IM VE look like nothing.
Edit, I am talking Tron VE (premium) that has the LE features minus the numbered plaque and signed PF.

Tron isn't my favorite game, would never buy a pro, but I would consider a Premium if they made it. I'm just rooting for everyone else's opportunity as long as Stern wants to do re-runs, I can't think of a better title for them.

#56 9 years ago

I would a jump at a Tron Premium if it played somewhat close to LE.

I'd even pay $7k for it NIB.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You can buy my Tron premium and it won't piss me off one bit. PM me for price.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Already started pissing off the LE owners a little getting a thumbs down from Rarehero is a start.

One of your goals in life is to piss people off. I disagree with that.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I would a jump at a Tron Premium if it played somewhat close to LE.
I'd even pay $7k for it NIB.

Getting the thumbs down from LE owner is predictable the same happened with MM owners who didn't want MMR.

I would rather see the Tron premium at $6000 more in line with the original price like the IM VE was a bit more than the first edition but not excessive.

I think Tron pro owners would buy if it were not too high and sell their pros.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You rate TZ lower than Austin Powers and Gillian's Island so your pinball judgment is not in line with the rest of the universe.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I would rather see the Tron premium at $6000 more in line with the original price like the IM VE was a bit more than the first edition but not excessive.

Current premiums are selling for $7495 MSRP, and you would do well to get one for $6700.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why would you thumbs down me? Just because I'm willing to purchase a game if Stern makes it.

After all, it is a free country...

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

When that happens I will give you $2500 for your pro.

#64 9 years ago

The one you should be asking about is BIBLE. Tron LE makes sense because of the gameplay differences and interactive ramp lighting. BIBLE is an anomaly that I simply can't wrap my head around.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The one you should be asking about is BIBLE. TRON LE makes sense because of the gameplay differences and interactive ramp lighting. BIBLE is an anomaly that I simply can't wrap my head around.

What about BSM?

#66 9 years ago

I think Rarehero will down vote any comment that reflects the desire for a TRON Premium. I just expect it now. It's cool. This may get auto down voted from him as it has the words TRON Premium in it. He seems like a nice, intelligent guy though.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What about BSM?

That's the other one that I find so perplexing.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

BIBLE is an anomaly that I simply can't wrap my head around.

Then maybe you should.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You rate TZ lower than Austin Powers and Gillian's Island so your pinball judgment is not in line with the rest of the universe.

I'm not entitled to an opinion? I personally don't like TZ at all. I'd be happy to play AP and GI all day long instead of TZ. However, I do understand why people like TZ. I'm not going to fake a rating to go along with their opinions.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think Rarehero will down vote any comment that reflects the desire for a TRON Premium. I just expect it now. It's cool. This may get auto down voted from him as it has the words TRON Premium in it. He seems like a nice, intelligent guy though.

#71 9 years ago

Sorry. I just wanted to try this one out!

#72 9 years ago

That's the first time I've seen that emoticon used, and it was perfectly executed!

#73 9 years ago

The only theory I have about why BIBLEs sell for so much is that a majority of them ended up in the hands of die-hard AC/DC fans that have no plans to ever sell it.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

... the first time I've seen that emoticon used ...

I may use it to the dude from Stern who announces the new TRON version - which is to say I may never use it.

EDIT: I may do it for Matt (from JJP) if he nails the Smaug toy!

#75 9 years ago

BIBLEs are so high because some people just don't like red. Black is better!

#76 9 years ago

I would love to own AC/DC BIB.

I missed the boat on that one.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I would love to own AC/DC BIB.
I missed the boat on that one.

I hear there are plenty of $6k premiums with all of the same gameplay features as the LE.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

for what $3000+- I am sure the pro owners would be thrilled with that.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

I hear there are plenty of $6k premiums with all of the same gameplay features as the LE.

I know they play the same. I just really like the look of BIB.

I have room for 4 machines, if I purchased an AC/DC premium, then 3 of my 4 would be Ritchie designs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.50
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-did-tron-le-skyrocket-in-price/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.