Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Bublehead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG3562 (resized).jpg
    IMAG3566 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Smart post! For me, it's not just a shallow or deep ruleset "issue". It's more about "do I know what I need to do" and "do I feel a sense of accomplishment" (they are obviously related). LOTR is a great example...deep ruleset with tons of cool modes. The game does a nice job making it clear what you need to do. As a result, you feel a sense of accomplishment. Earning "gifts" is awesome when you finish a mode...which is directly reflected on the PF.
    SW, OTOH, isn't as obvious. Lots of ornate timers...they have audible cues, but it's still confusing. Sure, you can ignore the timers/sounds, but then you might never finish the mode (and wonder why you are locked into the mode). The LCD on the PF could do a much better job helping you understand what to do (JJP DI does a much better job of this with the phone LCD).
    I have nothing against more complex code/rules, but it's not a substitute for inspired design and great integration. You need both...
    snaroff

Agreed. I don’t have hours to research rules to every game I play in league. Or could remember every damn rule. If it’s not simple to understand or learn I’m out. I have both LOTR and Scared Stiff. One is very shallow and the other is very deep but both are prettty easy to figure out while you are playing. For the most part that is. LOTR gives you that feeling of accomplishment even if you don’t get to Valinor.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-deeps-the-ruleset-momma-?tu=arcademojo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.