Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by yzfguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago

I'd love to know how accessible the wizard mode is for any given table.

Is there a website that shows % of wizard mode starts and % of wizard mode completions per game (rough avg, obviously lots of factors affect this from site to site). Here's my input at least on the subject, I saw a PotC on route being serviced and asked the guy to show me the audits. Out of about 9k plays it showed Four Winds was started 9 times, more of that kind of data would be really cool to have for other tables I think.

POTC isn't deep in the sense that there are only eight 'goals' to complete in order to reach wizard mode. It is a challenge though, it's not something you will get to often but the journey to get there is sooooo much fun it never gets old. I think it's a great earner on route for a reason, everyone that comes over loves to play it, it's always the first machine that non pinheads will play at our house. Luckily it has lots going for it so it just doesn't get old.

You do have to complete each mode to move on which is nice I think. Some tables just ask you to start each mode to progress. There are no hidden or obscure modes to discover, sometimes that seems shallow to people. Tables where you have to know the secret menu tend to be thought of as deep even if they aren't too challenging. Since POTC's modes are all nicely displayed on the compass front and center it can give the impression that it's easy.

The only thing that would make it better would be to add a stereo soundtrack from the movies to the machine

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 218.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-deep-is-potc?tu=don1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.