7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by hawkmoon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

so i go to one of the pinballz locations in austin because their site said it had 3 games i wanted to play.

i arrive, wait 20 minutes in line to load my play card because there is one person working the register, and she sends someone to check and see if they have a certain size of a tshirt for the guy in front of me. for some reason she doesn't decide to take care of me during this time. a line of 12 people builds behind me. this isn't really important to the story, i am just venting.

ANYWAYS, i eventually load my card and go to find the 3 games i wanted to play.

all 3 games were missing, go figure, so i decided to played some other games.

2 of the games i played were ghostbusters, and circus voltaire. i play ghostbusters, and the ball gets stuck behind the pop bumpers. it cycles through all the coils, and loads another ball, i play another ball and the stuck ball eventually breaks free during a collision. then, another ball gets stuck there a second time. i leave the table, thinking it is dumb luck.

i go to circus voltaire. i play a ball, it gets f'n stuck behind the ringmaster. i am pissed at this point because i came to play 3 machines that weren't there, and now i play 2 machines that my ball gets stuck.

i leave.

on the way home i decide to go to a different pinballz location, for some unknown reason.

i play a few games, then go to play id4, a game i used to own and played hundreds of times with no issues.

my f'n ball gets stuck.

i can't make this shit up.

3 stuck balls within like 15 minutes of play.

how common is this? i think i may have gotten a ball stuck once before. i know pinballz machines are crappy and not taken care of for the most part, but 3 times? really?!?!

i think this is a sign. i think i should quit pinball.

#2 7 years ago

Nope. You just need to find more people who own pinball machines, and play together.

#3 7 years ago

This is why I rarely play on location

#4 7 years ago

I feel your pain!! That exact thing happened to me at a show no less!!Don't quit!! Hang in there!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-could-this-happen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.