(Topic ID: 207313)

How could I frame a translite?

By mrossman5

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0443 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0442 (resized).jpg
    56264600161__1B9AE251-8D0D-4756-AAAA-161F5C95A244 (resized).JPG
    56264596962__9BB5B444-CECA-43C6-ACCF-ACAC37EEE033 (resized).JPG
    P3200005 (resized).jpg
    FilipWolak-MCNY-HipHop-4712 (resized).jpg
    FilipWolak-MCNY-HipHop-4938 (resized).jpg
    WipeOut-framed (resized).jpg
    Met-framed (resized).jpg
    GnR-framed (resized).jpg
    50C12DEB-D9F5-481C-95F7-E3DBA50B14E1 (resized).jpeg
    85BE3472-48AC-488C-AE84-AD5BA618C4B7 (resized).jpeg
    1!32 (resized).jpg
    1!3 (resized).jpg
    Display_Translite[1].pdf (PDF preview)
    1!3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cabuford.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from dookski:

I own my own art framing business and have made light boxes for various things. These boxes have a white tray lined with led strips inside, topped with a piece of white plexi. The artwork sits on top of that and then the frame slides over the whole thing. They aren't exactly cheap, but are really nice.

Man this is exactly what I want, except I'd put in my own RGB strips. I'm sure the "not exactly cheap" will be the deal breaker though. Although I feel like trying to DIY by sourcing custom cut plexi, then lumber, then trying to build it withough be obnoxiously huge, then finishing off and painting, it might just be worth it to order something.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from theGiven:

I haven't ordered yet but have been looking at http://www.spotlightdisplays.com. There is a category there for pinball translites and has a d.i.y. for making into a light box. Pricing seems reasonable and looks like they do custom.

I emailed them back in October and got no response. Maybe I slipped through the cracks.

9 months later
    #28 5 years ago

I never heard back from spotlightdisplays.com. Hoe much was the frame? can you take a pic of the back? I can build the lightbox myself as you did.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cabuford.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-could-i-frame-a-translite?tu=cabuford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.