Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Billy16
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I'm thinking if JJP would have thought outside of the box just a little, they coulda licensed some of Dark Side of the Moon and used it throughout the game (I'm guessing most know that this album syncs up very well with the film). Perhaps there could have been a choice of game music between the film score and the PF tracks if they really wanted to get fancy. Maybe some Floyd on the monitor at certain points--the Pig floating over Oz, shots of the concert light show interspersed with the film clips...would be pretty cool! I know I'd have my game music set to Floyd all the time...and perhaps think more seriously about owning one.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

You can "think outside of the box" all you want, but the fact of the matter is that the licensor would never allow such a thing.

Not a bash thread, just a thought. Mayhaps the response "JJP was way ahead of you and already looked into it, but it was cost prohibitive" woulda sufficed...if in fact they had already considered the possibility of a Pink Floyd tie-in and dismissed it.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Not cost prohibitive. Go back and re-read Keith's response, NOT ALLOWED at any cost. The licensor would never have allowed the game to be made if not using approved intellectual property

I read it, it was curt and could have been worded better. I have no idea if the response is opinion or based on fact. Heck, I'd give JJP a lot of brownie points for having thought of a PF tie-in and dismissing it for whatever the reason. To say out of hand something would never be allowed without actually having pursued it is weak. Of course, my whole PF tie-in idea may be just as weak...

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

So the main programmer of WOZ decides to answer your idea directly and it wasn't good enough?

I am sorry, but I missed the part of his answer where it was stated he was the main programmer. P_K could work in shipping for all I know about JJP. If you want to shred this thread, I think a better way to do it might be: "This idea has already been floated and dismissed." Or even better, the polite response from Shoot_Again said it all.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

I don't think the op or Keith meant anything as insulting.
The OP is probably guilty of being very naive to say that JJP could have "thought outside the box a little".
I personally think that almost everything I have seen about WOZ and JJP has been outside of the box type of thinking
Keith's response is to the point and not nasty so i am not sure why trouble makers are trying to make a thing out of this ..
This thread should have been over a half dozen response ago
thx
Mike

And there it is, one of many "threads that should have never been started" is finally put out of its' misery. Thanks Mike!

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

It would actually be way sweeter if we all punched each other in the mouth and dropped so much acid the trees came to life

Dude, this still has me laughing!

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

I think the Stooges would be a great theme.

When I read this, I thought "wow, what a great idea!". However, I was thinking of Iggy and the Stooges!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-cool-would-this-have-been-for-woz?tu=billy16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.