(Topic ID: 256191)

How come we have to order Williams stuff from Europe?

By nwpinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinsanity
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MR P no results (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

Any examples ?

If it's items rarely needed, remaking them in quantity and sitting on them forever to maybe sell a few, might be why.

LTG : )

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Fish Tales speaker panel plexi was what prompted my most recent order. BSD prototype slingshot plastics was another one

Both items you aren't likely going to sell a lot of. And not things you can make one of. Minimum orders are the most likely problem. And warehousing what you can't sell.

If there was a market for a lot of them, they'd be getting made. The parts manufacturers like making money.

I'd be glad there are sources for odd ball items.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

if I'm spending a few thousand a year on parts from Europe that could be made and sold in America

Looking at the parts at the Ministry of Pinball, most look like made in America, old stock. Many now sold out here.

Maybe try contacting the parts suppliers and see if more of what you need can be made available.

#9 4 years ago

I might add. I know it's a pain to have to search multiple sources to try and find parts.

Unfortunately there is no one parts supplier that can carry everything. No manufacturer that can make everything available forever. Like the Bram Stoker Dracula set. Was made. No idea if or when again. A lot of money tied up in making and storing parts until you can sell them. Parts aren't a get rich endeavor. It's a niche part of a niche market.

At least a lot is available right now.

When Williams closed. Your only hope was Ebay or shows for NOS rare parts at high prices. Williams made a 13% over run on game specific parts, and when they were gone, they were gone forever. Until the hobby kicked in.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from ChippyWonka:

Jeff heard that. Coming soon. Amazon Pinball.

Now that would be something. If it helps. I'm all for it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-come-we-have-to-order-williams-stuff-from-europe?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.