(Topic ID: 256191)

How come we have to order Williams stuff from Europe?

By nwpinball

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by pinsanity
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MR P no results (resized).jpg

#1 6 months ago

How come Ministry of Pinball has so many Williams parts you can't buy in the States? I'm spending a lot of money with them and paying a bunch in shipping for stuff that seems like should be available from vendors in the States. Is it licensing? Someone is seriously missing out on tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars per year not producing and selling parts for popular 90s Williams games in the U.S.

#2 6 months ago

Any examples ?

If it's items rarely needed, remaking them in quantity and sitting on them forever to maybe sell a few, might be why.

LTG : )

#3 6 months ago

Fish Tales speaker panel plexi was what prompted my most recent order. BSD prototype slingshot plastics was another one, as well as the BSD optical sensor board and a few other things when I was restoring it.

#4 6 months ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Fish Tales speaker panel plexi was what prompted my most recent order. BSD prototype slingshot plastics was another one

Both items you aren't likely going to sell a lot of. And not things you can make one of. Minimum orders are the most likely problem. And warehousing what you can't sell.

If there was a market for a lot of them, they'd be getting made. The parts manufacturers like making money.

I'd be glad there are sources for odd ball items.

#5 6 months ago

I disagree, if I'm spending a few thousand a year on parts from Europe that could be made and sold in America, I figure someone is missing out on 500K+ a year in sales. But hey, if the Williams license owners don't care about making money, their loss! Ministry of Pinball will take our dollars.

#6 6 months ago

I feel the same about the US and having to buy off you guys all the time from Australia!!

We have 3 main suppliers, but one has a website that is pretty much hopeless, one has a great website but everything is almost out of stock, and the other one has a nice couple running it but very limited items as well.

Right now, I need some marco parts, about $36us worth. Just did a dummy checkout and I'm up for $175 AUS to get them!
    So they sit there until I need more stuff or friends need stuff as well and we can share an order.

Very frustrating...when I have 5 projects on the go..

#7 6 months ago
    Quoted from Jakusu:

I feel the same about the US and having to buy off you guys all the time from Australia!!
    We have 3 main suppliers, but one has a website that is pretty much hopeless, one has a great website but everything is almost out of stock, and the other one has a nice couple running it but very limited items as well.
    Right now, I need some marco parts, about $36us worth. Just did a dummy checkout and I'm up for $175 AUS to get them!
    So they sit there until I need more stuff or friends need stuff as well and we can share an order.

email Marco and see if they can do better on shipping,

#8 6 months ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

if I'm spending a few thousand a year on parts from Europe that could be made and sold in America

Looking at the parts at the Ministry of Pinball, most look like made in America, old stock. Many now sold out here.

Maybe try contacting the parts suppliers and see if more of what you need can be made available.

#9 6 months ago

I might add. I know it's a pain to have to search multiple sources to try and find parts.

Unfortunately there is no one parts supplier that can carry everything. No manufacturer that can make everything available forever. Like the Bram Stoker Dracula set. Was made. No idea if or when again. A lot of money tied up in making and storing parts until you can sell them. Parts aren't a get rich endeavor. It's a niche part of a niche market.

At least a lot is available right now.

When Williams closed. Your only hope was Ebay or shows for NOS rare parts at high prices. Williams made a 13% over run on game specific parts, and when they were gone, they were gone forever. Until the hobby kicked in.

#10 6 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I might add. I know it's a pain to have to search multiple sources to try and find parts.
    Unfortunately there is no one parts supplier that can carry everything...

Jeff heard that. Coming soon. Amazon Pinball.

#11 6 months ago
    Quoted from ChippyWonka:

Jeff heard that. Coming soon. Amazon Pinball.

Now that would be something. If it helps. I'm all for it.

#12 6 months ago
    Quoted from Jakusu:

Don't use the iGlobal checkout system with Marco.

What I do is to get a decent sized order together (minimum of a couple hundred US$) to make it worth Marc's time and then contact directly by email to get a better personalised shipping price to Australia.

All of my parts purchases are international orders from the US or Europe so after a few years you get to know some workarounds for each of the larger international parts suppliers.

Lastly a piece of advice is don't bother with purchasing any pinball parts from domestic online pinball parts retailers - it isn't worth the aggravation of dealing with the resultant professional and moral ineptitude.

#13 6 months ago

Many hundreds of the parts we made back in the day are still selling back to the USA daily

USA and Europe buy 70% of the parts we sell

#14 6 months ago
    Quoted from Jakusu:

Great description of all three , I know who has the hopeless website

#15 6 months ago

Yes and I bet the hopeless one turns over more that all the rest combined and ten fold
    idiots

#16 6 months ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

Yes and I bet the hopeless one turns over more that all the rest combined and ten fold
    idiots

Maybe so , but imagine how much more money it would make if it was a better website

#17 6 months ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Maybe so , but imagine how much more money it would make if it was a better website

You would think that it should be important to make your product as easy as possible for people to buy.

#18 6 months ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Don't need the money as we are busy enough, remember I banked several millions a few years ago, still have parts nobody else has and do over 100 orders a day, between 500-700 orders a week, so when I retire in a few years someone can make whatever changes they want.

#19 6 months ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

You would think that it should be important to make your product as easy as possible for people to buy.

Why? if we list every part for every game, people complain as it lists 3600 different parts, and people complain too many parts to go through

you can search by name or part number and find what you need if we have it in stock

Every time you guys get on here slamming something it attracts people to the site, so good or bad we get more orders.

So Thanks

#20 6 months ago

..and do over 100 orders a day, between 500-700 orders a week

in a 50 hour week .. thats 100+ orders a day ...12 or so an hour NON STOP .. bang bang bang....an order every 5 mins with NO BREAKS..

stop picking on mr wayne you meanies ....hes a busy man.

#21 6 months ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

stop picking on mr wayne you meanies

I was referring to an American seller with a poor web experience.

And.., I don’t know who anyone on here is. So I’m unaware of egos in the industry. I’m here cuz I like pinball too, I don’t care who you are.

#22 6 months ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

in a 50 hour week .. thats 100+ orders a day ...12 or so an hour NON STOP .. bang bang bang....an order every 5 mins with NO BREAKS..
    stop picking on mr wayne you meanies ....hes a busy man.

yep with almost 10,000 + ebay feedback as well

Every Business that has an Online store, some people like some and not others, some complain about huge shipping costs and some pay those costs.

Who cares you can't please everyone, people have a right to buy or not, sellers also have a right to sell or not.

And Wiredog you and your mate could only dream of doing 100 orders a day, Bang Bang all you want my Tax return doesn't tell lies.

#23 6 months ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I was referring to an American seller with a poor web experience.
    And.., I don’t know who anyone on here is. So I’m unaware of egos in the industry. I’m here cuz I like pinball too, I don’t care who you are.

Understand, Its just an Aussie thing we are all relatives of Convicts here, people are unhappy if anyones is successful at anything!

#24 6 months ago
    Quoted from Jakusu:

I feel the same about the US and having to buy off you guys all the time from Australia!! ...

This. Its really annoying ordering stuff from overseas (like marcos) when I need a couple of things unobtanium in europé and the parts price is like 50$ but with shipping, taxes and other fees the total is around 200$. That sucks.

#25 6 months ago

Why? if we list every part for every game, people complain as it lists 3600 different parts, and people complain too many parts to go through
    you can search by name or part number and find what you need if we have it in stock
    Every time you guys get on here slamming something it attracts people to the site, so good or bad we get more orders.
    So Thanks

I don't know anyone in pinball here that would complain if you listed the 3600 parts in stock and availability.
    The search function doesn't work for most parts I buy or have tried to order.

I totally understand your are very wealthy and don't need the business, my complaint is just getting access to parts I need for my restores and the frustrating shipping costs in some of the site models. I do understand suppliers will help out on larger orders and have used this function.

#26 6 months ago
    Quoted from Jakusu:

I don't know anyone in pinball here that would complain if you listed the 3600 parts in stock and availability.
    The search function doesn't work for most parts I buy or have tried to order.
    I totally understand your are very wealthy and don't need the business, my complaint is just getting access to parts I need for my restores and the frustrating shipping costs in some of the site models. I do understand suppliers will help out on larger orders and have used this function.

the search function works fine search any word or part number like rubber
    https://shop.mrpinball.com.au/?s=rubber&post_type=product

#27 6 months ago

I guess everyone in US, the Europe and Australia have the same complaint! Maybe it's because shipping has gotten so expensive in the past 10 years. I'd hoped with all the private companies competing against each other and USPS that it would have kept the prices low, but the opposite seems to have happened.

#28 6 months ago

the search function works fine search any word or part number like rubber
    https://shop.mrpinball.com.au/?s=rubber&post_type=product

So latest project is a getaway retheme.
    3 basic getaway parts - search does not work.
    So no, your search does not always work.

MR P no results (resized).jpg
    #29 6 months ago
    Quoted from Jakusu:

So latest project is a getaway retheme.
    3 basic getaway parts - search does not work.
    So no, your search does not always work.[quoted image]

works fine
    No stock so buy from who sells those parts as we don't have them

simple

#30 6 months ago

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/a-8924.html

most of those parts have never been remade and wont be, they would be NOS parts ex IPB and not enough demand to remake.

Most people re plate those parts, the gear shifter was a happ part with a different front plate decal

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/driving_controls/50-8110-00

A-15419
    gear shift & parts assy
    assy in house at Williams

using
    A-15737
    shifter assy comp
    20-9710
    up down shifter
    replaced by A-15419-P

"HAPP CO

#31 6 months ago

Part of Wayne’s wise words reworded as most people miss it. If you can’t find an assembly always look for it’s component parts.

#32 6 months ago

no need all.part numbers available at Marco

#33 6 months ago

I will say I really appreciate you guys down under. I have bought many parts that are nowhere else and will most likely never be reproduced. Like a complete boxer assembly for CP. I am amazed at some of the things you do have and want to take advantage of the availability while I can. There will come a day soon when we will talk about when we could just buy that. ( the shipping cost has usually surprised me) Thanks guys.

#34 6 months ago
    Quoted from Jakusu:

no need all.part numbers available at Marco

All listed as in stock as well so it makes the most sense.

Marc at MarcoSpec is a good guy. Very approachable and professional to deal with. He is well aware of the concerns about international shipping costs to Australia and will assist to get the best price if you contact him directly with your order and bypass the automated third party international shipping system charges.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 224.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 214.99
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 17.00
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 2.50
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 899.00
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 89.00
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 189.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside