(Topic ID: 121023)

How close can you put a pool table to your pinball machines?

By pninja005

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by oldcarz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    1426110916297.jpg

#1 4 years ago

What is the minimum distance you need between a pool table and your pinball machines line up (front side)? Do the cues go over the pinball? Can you still make all the shots?

I am thinking of going from 14 pins to 5 and add a pool table.

Thx!

#2 4 years ago

Im pretty close dont have an issue

1426110916297.jpg
    #3 4 years ago

The stick is generally above the glass and havent been an issue

#4 4 years ago

Just make sure you can still get the glass off the machine. I measured the length of the glass and added a foot or two to give me some room when I spec'd out my room.

#5 4 years ago

Yup i have to move my CBW to the side to get the glass out it comes out so close too within 2 inches

#6 4 years ago

Nice looking table.

#7 4 years ago

As long as you can pull out the glass.

#8 4 years ago

Ideally, the length of a cue stick plus the thickness of a [human] body.

#9 4 years ago

This close....

image.jpg
    #10 4 years ago

A lot of shots you have the cue practically level, and a pin is higher than a pool table. Don't count on setting it up where you shoot over the pin, and being happy about it.

#11 4 years ago

So want to dump the poll table and add tons more pins. Damn parties , everybody still plays pool.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from lockednlit:

Im pretty close dont have an issue

1426110916297.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

If the height was different you probably would but most shots your cue has an upward tilt. You have a good set up .

#13 4 years ago

One word of caution, I have heard stories of flying pool balls and errant cues taking out backglasses. Just keep that in mind when developing your layout and spacing.

It likely won't be an issue depending on the era of your games, but accidents do happen especially if kids are around or you start trying trick shots with or without a few beers flowing.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

So want to dump the poll table and add tons more pins. Damn parties , everybody still plays pool.

I did this. Honestly best thing I ever did.

#15 4 years ago

I have mine so that glass will come out with only a few inches to spare. There are a few pool shots that are cramped. Deal with it, pool players!

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from TallGuy:

One word of caution, I have heard stories of flying pool balls and errant cues taking out backglasses. Just keep that in mind when developing your layout and spacing.
    It likely won't be an issue depending on the era of your games, but accidents do happen especially if kids are around or you start trying trick shots with or without a few beers flowing.

Right, especially on the side you break on.

Quoted from Pauz21:If the height was different you probably would but most shots your cue has an upward tilt. You have a good set up .

The height is different, and the amount of times the pin will interfere with a shot will be MANY. Diminishes a pool game considerably.

#17 4 years ago

5ft is what I've got and even the tallest person who's played, has no issue on his back swing. Plenty of room to spare, you could probably even do 4ft. My only concern is me, since I'm terrible at pool and often hop balls off the table, but even then I've missed by several feet.

1 week later
    #18 4 years ago

A pool table should have at least 5ft space from anything on every side. And that's just for home casual pool table use. Pro players need a 9ft cushion on every side... They're a picky bunch...

#19 4 years ago

Looks like in best case I will have 3.6ft if I put a 8ft table

Yet if my calculations are right I will be able to remove the glass from the pins in this space

1 month later
    #20 3 years ago

A practical answer is a Trouble shooter cue: http://www.ozonebilliards.com/trshcue3617.html

They are available in different lengths. I have had a 48" one for over a year and I think it's actually come in to play for that trouble shot one time in the last year. Until I got the trouble shooter, we just had a friendly agreement to move the cue ball to make room. Never been an issue.

Good luck
    Joel

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 89.99
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.00
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 16.00
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Women
    The Flipper Room
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside