Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jawjaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2680 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2788 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3641 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3639 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3642 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3633 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3161 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3153 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3173 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3172 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3646 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3644 (resized).JPG
    DEC9CB49-670F-4295-A0CF-D0179123E5D8 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3895 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3894 (resized).JPG
    #1 5 years ago

I am finally getting my gameroom back together after moving from San Diego about 3 yrs ago. I had a 3 car garage in San Diego and now struggling with a 2 car garage.

I am trying to squeeze 1 more game along the wall. I think it can fit but the games will be very close (almost touching each other). I have a Star Wars LE coming, would like to trade out the MB for a Deadpool Premium. Also at the back wall of the garage I need to put the ACNC that I have on order. It would go with the back against the white tool box. Only one person would be able to play the ACNC or AFM as they would be too close together but that is ok. I also have lots of stuff to put on the wall (3 light boards, Big Bang Bar neon, pinsanity pictures) but that is a lesser problem. The jigsaw would move upstairs to my office and the BSD is getting restores.

Thoughts on the games being so close and does this sound like it would work? Also to complicate things I keep my 67 Camaro in the garage too.

IMG_3892 (resized).JPGIMG_3892 (resized).JPGIMG_3893 (resized).JPGIMG_3893 (resized).JPGIMG_3894 (resized).JPGIMG_3894 (resized).JPGIMG_3895 (resized).JPGIMG_3895 (resized).JPG
    #2 5 years ago

Since many Pinsiders are in Texas, I'll give my 10 cents worth.

Do you nudge and shake your games while playing them? Leave room for that, as the sides of the heads touching will cause rubbing damage.
    Do you have many players over to enjoy your collection? Leave room for hand movement between the games. At the backbox leave around a five inch gap.

If you are the only one enjoying the games, and you do not nudge or shake the game then set up the games with at least a 1 inch gap. You will need room to slide the games out for service.

#3 5 years ago

I would put 7 games on that wall maximum.

#4 5 years ago

Get ready for the humidity!

#5 5 years ago

Do what I did sell the classic car then you can fit atleast 7 more games in.

#6 5 years ago

And ,I know this is a operators choice,but,it seems your Bat signal is backwards!!!!

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Do what I did sell the classic car then you can fit atleast 7 more games in.

Yeah - the car might go but not necessarily to put in more games. I might want to go with a newer sports car.

Quoted from hawkmoon:

And ,I know this is a operators choice,but,it seems your Bat signal is backwards!!!!

I wasn't sure if there was a correct orientation for the bat signal.

#8 5 years ago

It looks upside down from player perspective. Great lineup of pins by the way

DEC9CB49-670F-4295-A0CF-D0179123E5D8 (resized).jpegDEC9CB49-670F-4295-A0CF-D0179123E5D8 (resized).jpeg

#9 5 years ago

What’s the car , please sir

#10 5 years ago

My guess is a 1967 Camaro. The 67s were the only one that had the wing window.

#11 5 years ago

Now that I looked at his Avatar Bingo!

#12 5 years ago

Move the games where they belong. In the house!

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Londonpinball:

What’s the car , please sir

1967 Camaro

IMG_3644 (resized).JPGIMG_3644 (resized).JPGIMG_3161 (resized).JPGIMG_3161 (resized).JPGIMG_3153 (resized).JPGIMG_3153 (resized).JPGIMG_3646 (resized).JPGIMG_3646 (resized).JPGIMG_3172 (resized).JPGIMG_3172 (resized).JPGIMG_3173 (resized).JPGIMG_3173 (resized).JPG
    #14 5 years ago
    Quoted from 2manypins:

Move the games where they belong. In the house!

I have done that before and did not like them in the house but that is my preference. I have a pretty nice Air Conditioner and epoxy floor in the garage and I might add a dehumidifier if needed. I guess it limits how many games I can buy which is not a bad thing. I just need to figure out how to squeeze in one more game. Like I said, I have SW coming and debating about trading my MB for a DP Prem. The MB is really nice as I restored the whole game (new playfield, plastics, decals, chrome, nicest painted toys that I have ever seen) but that is the only 1 game I think that can go from my lineup as I have MMr and AFM. And I have an ACNC on order but that is not coming for a while so have a little time to figure this out. I kind of agree that the wall make sense for 7 games and taking out the Rockola Jigsaw and spreading them out a little better but I am going to try to squeeze the SW in when I get it and see how it fits. If it doesn't fit then I can move it to the back wall for now and will have to figure out what to do with the ACNC.

#15 5 years ago

Can you put the pins on the long back wall and put the car on skates so you can turn it sideways?

#16 5 years ago

Whatever you do, don't sell the car!

#17 5 years ago

Why don't you keep the car outside and cover it?

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from bladerunner:

The Florida heat would destroy it's interior.

#19 5 years ago

You sir, have a beautiful car!!

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

The Florida heat would destroy it's interior.

I guess it is time to design a car AC system that is on a timer during the daylight hours

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from 2manypins:

It is beautiful! How many chicks per gallon do you get out of that beast?

#22 5 years ago

cars>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>pinball.

you WILL NOT put that car outside. and you need to join the village.

http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from youdontknowme:

cars>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>pinball.
    you WILL NOT put that car outside. and you need to join the village.
    http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php

Hmm...I'm going to have to dig deep to find the dialup number for that BBS again....been a while.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from 2manypins:

Thanks

Quoted from bladerunner:

That is really not an option for me - Florida sun, heat and rain take a toll on older cars. Plus my driveway is not very big and hard to put several cars on it.

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Whatever you do, don't sell the car!

I probably won't sell it as I do enjoy it and put some money getting it just the way I like it. It is just don't really have much time to use it as I have been working on the house, setting up the gameroom to play some pinball, also have a camper and 2 boats with my brother a 28 ft Contender and a new 18 Hewes Redfisher but still trying to find time to use them.

IMG_3633 (resized).JPGIMG_3633 (resized).JPGIMG_3642 (resized).JPGIMG_3642 (resized).JPGIMG_3639 (resized).JPGIMG_3639 (resized).JPGIMG_2788 (resized).JPGIMG_2788 (resized).JPGIMG_3641 (resized).JPGIMG_3641 (resized).JPGIMG_2680 (resized).JPGIMG_2680 (resized).JPG
    #25 5 years ago

Keep the car, sell the boats, buy another car with your brother.

#26 5 years ago

Love the car , what price would one like that go for in today market ?

#27 5 years ago

Twin 300 , hope you buy gas stocks

#28 5 years ago

Close enough together to allow nudging/2 people playing. You can pull them out to work on them. I have similar, pins up each side and park my 70 VW Karmann Ghia in the middle.

#29 5 years ago

Don’t sell the car !!! put a ceiling fan in the garage to keep the air circulating ! it’s easy ... tie off the electric from the garage door opener . i’ve lived in florida for 46 years , and had a ceiling fan in every garage of each house i’ve owned .And have had classic cars . never kept pinballs in the garage . they really belong in the A/C .

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from NovaNut66:

Don’t sell the car !!! put a ceiling fan in the garage to keep the air circulating ! it’s easy ... tie off the electric from the garage door opener . i’ve lived in florida for 46 years , and had a ceiling fan in every garage of each house i’ve owned .And have had classic cars . never kept pinballs in the garage . they really belong in the A/C .

I might add a ceiling fan but the garage is air conditioned. I keep it on all the time.

Quoted from 0geist0:

Keep the car, sell the boats, buy another car with your brother.

My brother would think I was crazy with that suggestion - my brother without a boat is like a fish without water.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from marksf123:

I might add a ceiling fan but the garage is air conditioned. I keep it on all the time.

My brother would think I was crazy with that suggestion - my brother without a boat is like a fish without water.

Here's you answer to that...lol

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #32 5 years ago

Anything less than about 8 inches between opposing flipper buttons gets a little tight. The rest of it will depend on the back box type.

#33 5 years ago

That sweet Camaro belongs in garage! Can't believe the comments about kicking it to the curb like it's some minivan. Move that Jigsaw game out of there and keep 7 games max along that wall. You could squeeze in another but then you will have to worry about them hitting each other and be a pain doing any work/maintenance. I guess you could pull one out to do any work but too risky damaging sides on those nice games.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-close-can-i-put-my-games-setting-up-gameroom?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.