Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by mcclad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How often do you clean each of your Pinball Playfields”

• At least once a week. 5 votes
      7%
    • Once every few months. 33 votes
      46%
    • Only when it's needed 34 votes
      47%
    • I never clean my Pinball playfield 0 votes

(72 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

I was on a mission tonight. Only after 1 week of cleaning and polishing my TAF .I removed the glass and started on it again. Cleaned all toys, lanes, ramps and under playfield area's like the chair and swamp etc. Cleaned the balls. Played 12 or so games then re-cleaned until no dirt showed up on my cloth. I even hoovered the lower inside cabinet. I always get nervous about taking the glass off for too long. I think of the glass as a seal to stop all this nasty dust settling down on the playfield. Am I going a bit too far?

Anyone ever got to the point that it's so clean that the white rubbers stay white. The red flipper rubbers dont get black on them?

Maybe I need a new pinball to clean hihi

Right off for another clean!

Regards Dave

#2 11 years ago

You need more projects

#3 11 years ago

Thanks for the advice. Looking for a TOM, SM, TG next in any condition for a refurb

Regards David

#4 11 years ago

Play pinball and the playfield will get dirty. Enjoy the game, when it gets dirty wipe it down.

#5 11 years ago

It's like a gun. If you are going to keep running patches down the bore until they come out white, you will be there a while. I don't know how you enjoy your pinball machine so clean. All of my machines are unplayable after a cleaning. The ball is flying around twice as fast as it should, and swerving randomly from spin. Just when you do get control of it, it goes running off the flipper because it is still spinning and the new grippy rubber gets hold of it. I loathe the day when I have to really do a good cleaning, because I know the game won't be enjoyable for at least 100 plays.

#6 11 years ago

My pins shine like new! Every pin that gets played that week will be opened up at sunday. But because i keep doing this, the work is minimal. 10 minutes max is needed to keep them minty fresh! I take great pride in my QC pins in NM condition!

But i know i'm an exception rather than the rule. Most keep their pins in good condition and clean their pins (good), maybe 6 times year?
    But the other good side of this is because of this my reputation is known, and when i sell a pin, they are gone very fast.

#7 11 years ago

I clean and wax the PF at least twice a week and sometimes once a week. I'm kind of obsessive about it.

#8 11 years ago

Once a week

#9 11 years ago

Woah! once and twice a week! I will give mine a good dust off with a microfiber cloth maybe every two weeks but only really clean and wax it every few months.

#10 11 years ago

You need help

#11 11 years ago

I very rarely play my machines, so it's not unusual for me to clean a machine just once (a full strip) when I get the machine, and then it's still spotless when I decide to sell. They usually get 30-40 plays between full strip and being sold. Sometimes less.

#12 11 years ago

You guys are nuts for cleaning so often, but, I was in your shoes when I started out with my first machine almost 2 years ago. Then, I talked to a collector who has some of the best machines and does clear coating. His advice to me is to only clean when you see ball trail marks. There's no reason to do so before then.

From other things I've gathered looking into the subject, is that Novus 2 is slightly abrasive. Why keep rubbing something that is slightly abrasive on a playfield every month on a machine inside the home? Wait for the ball trail marks, then clean.

#13 11 years ago

When it LOOKS like it needs to be cleaned. It's time to clean.

#14 11 years ago

Once a year for the party. I spend the entire month of September each year going through the games, cleaning and fixing all that I can and trying to make them bullet proof to stand up to the 12 hours of being banged on. Some will still go down for sure and I can almost name off all the ones that will right off the top of my head. There problem childs and always will be. But anyways, the cleaning takes place once a year for sure.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#15 11 years ago

If it is not dirty you aren't actually cleaning it. Is this a trick question?

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

If it is not dirty you aren't actually cleaning it. Is this a trick question?

#17 11 years ago

I should not have said clean. I usually wax the playfield when I have the glass off at least once or twice a week. I never use Novus on a playfield. Does anyone else wax ramps, ball troughs, balls etc.?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-clean-is-your-table and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.