(Topic ID: 16707)

How can you make a machine more difficult?

By kingkail24

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesperron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 11 years ago

Some games I just can't make hard enough so I sold them.
Having a hard game to play is very important to a home collector as we play a lot and they become easy really fast.

For example my MM was way too easy. The 2nd game I played on it I blew up all 5 castles. Thats the main feature of the game and I completed it after the 2nd game.
I know there is much more to the game than the Castle but come on this is the main feature of the game!!!! What else is there besides hitting the two ramps over and over and over. I couldn't make it harder as to do that would mean I would have to increase how many times I hit the castle door and it was already way too much. I didn't want to play a game that consisted of just bashing the castle door, which by the way is an extremely easy shot, over and over and over.
I tried to make the game more appealing, especially after the $$ I spent to get it, but there was nothing I could do but sell it.....and that was easy too.
IMHO that game has a big big flaw....it was too dam easy to complete the main feature of the game and the other things the game has to complete it just wasn't doing it for me.

Now AFM is essetially the same game but because the Mothership is difficult enough, it's not easy to blow up all the ships, it makes the game the best one I've ever played. Difficulty can make or break a game IMO and sometimes opening the outlanes and making it steeper just isn't enough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesperron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-can-you-make-a-machine-more-difficult?tu=wesperron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.