(Topic ID: 273684)

How can so many people NOT give a crap about pinball?!!!

By Tuna_Delight

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Don_C
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oh nein (resized).png
    F19A658A-3EC1-48EC-A488-B51ACA03C8CA (resized).png
    2DACA691-8F1C-44E6-876D-EDD520C245AA.gif
    Aye yi yi.gif
    giphy.gif.cf (7).gif
    Knit pinballs (resized).jpg
    tenor (resized).png
    20200724_101602 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

No where to play. No reasonably priced pins for sale. Fell out of the mainstream.

Nope. Never been mainstream. I'm born in 74 so my teens to early 20's were in the height of those golden years of 90 B/W and great System 11's still on route.
    Loved it. Me and about 4 buddies in high school. Didn't know anyone else who played or gave a shit.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Are we wired differently???

It's beyond me ...

Shouldn't be beyond u, we all have different taste in hobbies. Jesus I went fishing once. Once

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #37 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saddath:

It's just not true.
    That shit actually worked for me on a girl.

Same, more than once. U have a girl over, drinks and what not then play a great game in front her, she digs it believe me. Keep in mind appearance plays a factor here, and judging by the one time I actually went to a pinball convention

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from mcvetyty:

I believe it was definitely mainstream back during the depression before it became illegal.

Well I really wasn't taking depression era pinball into my analysis.

Quoted from FalconDriver:

For those that don't give a crap or are just clueless. A common response when walking up to my pins. "How much do one of these go for?" So common.

U know what else is common? those people never buying a pinball machine.

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saddath:

i made the experience they are much more into playing pinball then playing any digital games.

Let us not forget that Pinball can bring out some great "stances" Its just lovely to watch.

Quoted from phil-lee:

Too late. In 1972 there were 3 machines at Woolworths, 2 at every curb market, 3-5 at Department Stores, the local Arcade which became a Foosball Parlor had 20 machines, all of the fishing piers had 3-10 machines, the Bowling Alleys had 5-12 machines Campgrounds had 1-5, EVERY local greasy spoon burger joint had at least one, EVERY Bar had at least 1.
    It was difficult to go anywhere in the 60's and 70's and not be enticed to play pinball.

Yeah but there's a big difference between putting on a game on route and then someone plays a little pinball and buying NIB, attending events, watching people play pinball on line. I do that quite a bit. Its a fun game then they forget about it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-can-so-many-people-not-give-a-crap-about-pinball?tu=Hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.