Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by spideynhb
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GWalton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 11 years ago

Simple answer is it can't compete. It's a generational thing. What was exciting to us is boring to the next generation and even more boring to the next.
    How many kids do you see building balsa airplanes or even plastic models these days? Those things were HUGE when I was a kid.
    Stern is doing ok because of collectors and the fact that the themes (movies, etc.) might draw kids in for a couple games.

#40 11 years ago

There's an arcade at Rehoboth beach, DE that always has an amazing wall of pins. All new Sterns and many of the top rated Williams games. Usually all in top notch condition. I forget the name of it, but I spend my days in there while my wife gets fried by the sun on the beach.
    The most amazing thing is nobody EVER plays them. Nobody but me and a few other older guys. I have never had to wait to play a game and I always look forward to going there to check out the newest Sterns. Not to jinx it, but every year I wonder why the owner even bothers with them. Anybody under 20 passes right by them like they're passing by a pile of garbage.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GWalton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-can-pinball-compete?tu=GWalton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.