Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-336.jpeg
    bump2.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

I Don't like the infinate scrolling of pages because it doesn't allow you to just jump to page 5 or 6 for example now I have to scroll through 4 or 5 pages If I want to go to page 5 or 6 and with my crappy internet service this can take a really long time . Is there any way to turn off infinate scroll and go back to the old version where at the bottom or top each page there was a choice of which page you would like to view next ? I checked under settings and did not see any such option there , but maybe I missed it .

#3 10 years ago

Yeah lots of great updates, but the infinite scrolling seems to be a bit of a swing and a miss.... I browse Pinside primarily via mobile device, and the infinite scrolling and page one functions get all screwed up when I read a topic and return to the previous page.

#4 10 years ago

Agree.

I would rather have the page-choose option.

The infinite scroll is neat, on the surface....but in practice, it isn't too useful.

I'm okay with hitting the "next" button to get to page two.

Pete

#6 10 years ago

+1 for excessive scrolling.
    th-336.jpegth-336.jpeg

#7 10 years ago

Scroll up from this post a little bit to the nav bar under the big thread title. Click Settings. Then look for "Dynamic topic lists building". Select "Disable dynamic topic lists, just gimme the old paging controls".

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Fortunately you can change this behavior in your forum settings pages.
    However, I think this behavior is a great way to have people "look back in time" a little further. One of the problems Pinside was facing was that topics would move so fast of the front page, people could not keep up. I think the front-page auto-loading more topics works brilliantly to solve that issue. It also saves server load, because only the actual topics need fetching, no more re-rendering the page.
    Of course I respect your opinion and therefore this is a setting you can set to 'full auto', 'manual auto' or 'manual paging'.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Scroll up from this post a little bit to the nav bar under the big thread title. Click Settings. Then look for "Dynamic topic lists building". Select "Disable dynamic topic lists, just gimme the old paging controls".

Bam!!

Thanks!

Pete

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Bam!!
    Thanks!
    Pete

+1 !

Thanks!

#11 10 years ago

Cool, I for one was looking in the wrong settings page.

#12 10 years ago

Thanks Aurich

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Sweet! Great, thanks much, worked for me. Now to get a double gold star, tell me how to do this for google groups (so I can read rec.games.pinball page by page at my choosing).

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from joemagiera:

Sweet! Great, thanks much, worked for me. Now to get a double gold star, tell me how to do this for google groups (so I can read rec.games.pinball page by page at my choosing).

http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

#15 10 years ago

Auto-loading may seem like a step back for all you page navigators, but it actually has a nice trick up its sleeve: try hovering your mouse over the yellow auto-loading box that says "page 2"?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-can-i-go-back-to-choosing-page and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.