Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-1-429.jpeg
    th-2.jpeg
    rip.jpg

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

10k by Christmas!

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from Manbearpig:

I am just about positive that picture was taken at the Cedar Point arcade in Ohio. That is one of my favorite places! Rollercoasters in every direction! That arcade has two Hurcules machines when I was there in early September. AHHH how I miss Top Thrill Dragster and Millenium Force

Confirmed that the photo is from the Coliseum Arcade at Cedar point.

#53 10 years ago

I worked for nearly 15 years before buying my first pin for $600. Of course my second pin was a NIB LOTR years later

Things have changed a lot over the last 15 years for me and instead of being an employee I'm now the owner. Still not going to pay 8k for a single pin though

#54 10 years ago

Another idea, cut 15 or 20 lawns and get an older game for around $300. It is all pinball.

#55 10 years ago

Speak for yourself, grandpa!

#56 10 years ago

It's all about how much you're willing to hustle to get what you want.

Steve

#57 10 years ago

The affordable pinball act

I work hard and always have. My wife is a dentist. We don't have kids.

#58 10 years ago

pinballs can get quite expensive..... maybe start with buying an arcade? for 100 - 200 bucks you can get a nice working 80's or 90's cade and have a ton of fun. search craigslist often, check the local swapmeets, local ads/papers..... there are still deals out there!

#59 10 years ago

werd

Quoted from Rarehero:

We're all old and have jobs.

5 years later
    #60 5 years ago

One way I can justify the expense is the time I told my wife to buy a used $15000 car or at least the new base model for 21k. We ended up with the mid range model for 25k. Didn't feel it til that last year of payments that could have been avoided. I haven't had a car loan since 2007. My best friend makes triple what we make and bought a jetski he used once so far and he has 3 cars... that's what's important to him and he knows he can just come over to play and I would be a little sad if he had one and didn't want to play with mine...that was like when we had a pool first then he got one soon after. ,I didn't save for it I charged...I'll worry about that later..and it's virtual. It isn't practical to have just one in your home for 20 years..I like to keep stuff I would not want to swap

#61 5 years ago

The OP should be in college by now

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

The OP should be in college by now

Last seen on pinside feb 28th, 2019.. hopefully he sees this thread and updates us, the suspense is killing me

1 month later
    #63 4 years ago

Oh I already commented

#64 4 years ago

the entitled generation most likely thinks they should just be given a pinball machine for free! No way should anyone have to pay for one!!!

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

the entitled generation most likely thinks they should just be given a pinball machine for free! No way should anyone have to pay for one!!!

Or maybe he just thinks they're expensive?

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Or maybe he just thinks they're expensive?

They have gotten to be. I am happy with my collection and while I am trading out for an aliens soon prices are just mad stupid. To think of what these cost 8 years ago even new versus some of the 15k super duper limited editions.

#68 4 years ago

Pinball machines are expensive.

I'll be honest, I often find myself shaking my head at some of the collections I see on here.

While I'm sure some people can easily afford big collections (and I count myself in that group, though I own only one), I do wonder about misplaced priorities.

But, whatever. Not my problem.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

They have gotten to be. I am happy with my collection and while I am trading out for an aliens soon prices are just mad stupid. To think of what these cost 8 years ago even new versus some of the 15k super duper limited editions.

Agree dung.

I got outta the hobby for a couple years. Coming back it was hard getting back in. Most of us look for deals, fix up the pin, sell for a little profit, rinse/repeat. This way you slowly build your collection and equity in pinball.

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from tankpinball:

I just don't understand how can pinheads on this site afford one? People at my school think I have a pin, but I currently won't get one unless my family says so. But after I save up for a car I will try to save up for a pinball machine.

My first pinball machine cost me $100. It didn’t work at all and was an EM no one wanted. Was almost a year before I got another one. Trust me, you’ll appreciate any game you get. Just keep your eyes peeled, buy a turd and polish it up.

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from investingdad:

I'll be honest, I often find myself shaking my head at some of the collections I see on here.

Most people didn't buy the games recently, but years ago when they were much less expensive, and when JD was a $1400 game, folks, not a $3k+ one.

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-can-anyone-afford-a-single-pin/page/2?hl=knightrdrx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.