Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by radium
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2571758.jpg
    Luci-detail.jpg
    m_lotr_detail[1].jpg
    3350905911_3bfeb9d49e_o.jpg
    boarsnestpinball.jpg
    snestpinballmachinegott.jpg
    dukes.jpg
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Would be fun to have a gulley and have the pin jump over it with the horn noise....or have a moonshine run....police chase in hazard county.. I know it's a old team but it would bring me right back to when I was 6 years old Boss Hogs secret cash stash... But have the more recent Daisy Duke.
    dukes.jpgdukes.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Little too old of a theme to make it with all of todays possible titles.
    Hell, I would love to see a new Star Wars pin (yes, I am aware of DESW, SET, SWE1.

#3 10 years ago

Loved the show as a kid. I would have to go with the original Daisy Duke though.

#4 10 years ago

I have said this a few times over the last 2 years in various threads, would have to have a jump ramp for sure with collecting moonshine as the goals. This was a popular show in Aus as well back in the day and those guys would all be in their 40's so a perfect buying age.

#5 10 years ago

the duke boys liked playing the old pins
    boarsnestpinball.jpgboarsnestpinball.jpgsnestpinballmachinegott.jpgsnestpinballmachinegott.jpg

and couldn't find alot but a guy made his own at one stage
    3350905911_3bfeb9d49e_o.jpg3350905911_3bfeb9d49e_o.jpg

#6 10 years ago

I bet it could be a good theme! +1

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

snestpinballmachinegott.jpg 31 KB

boarsnestpinball.jpg 171 KB

3350905911_3bfeb9d49e_o.jpg 43 KB

WTF is up with that flyer? Jungle with a Sheriff BG?

#8 10 years ago

You can't do it without having the General Lee prominently featured and no one is going to want to produce a pin with the confederate flag displayed like that.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from resipsa:

no one is going to want to produce a pin with the confederate flag displayed like that.

What's controversial about the Confederate flag?

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from wishiwas:

Little too old of a theme to make it with all of todays possible titles.
    Hell, I would love to see a new Star Wars pin (yes, I am aware of DESW, SET, SWE1.

I don't think so...the people buying pins now are not for the most part 18 year old students but more middle aged men... I think this fits right in!!! The 35-60 crowd.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I don't think so...the people buying pins now are not for the most part 18 year old students but more middle aged men... I think this fits right in!!! The 35-60 crowd.

I agree and and then you get guys like this that would buy one in a flash
    http://dukescollector.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/spains-biggest-dukes-of-hazzard-fan.html

Quoted from John_in_NC:

WTF is up with that flyer? Jungle with a Sheriff BG?

it was an old post on the net about a similar subject but in the show the cabinet is the jungle cabinet with a sheriff backglass - which you can see in the photo.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

Nope, it's photoshopped LOTR
    m_lotr_detail[1].jpgm_lotr_detail[1].jpg

#14 10 years ago

inspiration

Luci-detail.jpgLuci-detail.jpg
    #15 10 years ago

I've talked about this for a few years also - Im looking for a beater High Speed to build my Dukes of Hazzard Pin. Anyone have a high speed that works but blown out playfield and cabinet, let me know. gonna put real dixie air horn under the cabinet.

Gonna weld the coindoor shut to make it more authentic - you have to slide across the glass to add a credit.

#16 10 years ago

Awesome don't forget to say yeeeeehaaaaa when you jump your pinball it will help you land
    looks like them duke boys got themselves in a world of trouble now

#17 10 years ago

Let`s not forget Rosco Mode, Cooter's Shop or towing Truck. The chase in the town square.

#18 10 years ago

Give me a "Flash Frenzy"! Could be a fun theme. Maybe add a captive General Lee similar to DM. Better than another superhero theme.

#19 10 years ago

could have a row of flip down drops (instead of drop down targets) = road barriers, get more points the more you can flip down in one shot.

multiball could be a collect (hide) the balls under a bridge or behind a bush

Quoted from fusion301:

I've talked about this for a few years also - Im looking for a beater High Speed to build my Dukes of Hazzard Pin. Anyone have a high speed that works but blown out playfield and cabinet, let me know. gonna put real dixie air horn under the cabinet.
    Gonna weld the coindoor shut to make it more authentic - you have to slide across the glass to add a credit.

I like it

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

That is definitely an interesting Gottlieb flier. Did the Dukes game also sport the wrong backglass?
    Never mind, question already answered.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That is definitely an interesting Gottlieb flier. Did the Dukes game also sport the wrong backglass?
    Never mind, question already answered.

What's really strange is the pic of the Dukes is also incorrect, That's a Jungle cabinet with a Sheriff BG and PF. What up with that?

#22 10 years ago

Lots of good ideas in this thread. Has to be the original cast though.

#23 10 years ago

This would probably need to tie-in with a new movie release. Is there another one being made?

#24 10 years ago

Next year would be the 35th anniversary of when the show started... I think the theme qualifies as family friendly too. Would prefer to have it have line art instead of a collage of photos, old cast with Catherine Bach (Daisy) prominently featured in her shots (Strikes n Spares backglass comes to mind for some reason). Would prefer the music from the original show as well.

#25 10 years ago

Coy and Vance Limited Edition? Ummm, no - how about Enos and Turk?

#26 10 years ago

attract mode music/ and shooter lane music:

Multiball music:

#27 10 years ago

nah. Duke boy & charger fan here but it's too far removed from being relevant. Maybe thirty years ago, not now.

#28 10 years ago

you would have to have the air horns in there, maybe for ball launch

#30 10 years ago

the dukes are still loved……. noticed a few characters missing

as for design, maybe have the flag front and centre in the playfield with the stars lighting up with each lot of 3 stars leading to the centre a goal / mission with the centre star being the wizard mod

I can feel people sketching ideas down.

#31 10 years ago

Totally needs a huge jump.... Like blast the barn doors open and then a ramp with a gap. I used to have a Dukes of Hazard toy like that when I was a wee lad

#32 10 years ago

LOL, funny (maybe sad) to think about how many 69 Chargers were trashed making that show. I remember watching so many far away shots of the "General Lee" jumping and pretty much hitting nose down with the car folding up near the firewall, then they'd cut to the dash cam shot with Bo and Luke inside bouncing around like they just landed, and were successfully driving away. Ahhh... the memories!

#33 10 years ago

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-AHHHHHHHHHHH!

#34 10 years ago

Kinda like ACDC? Boy was that a bust!

Quoted from davewtf:

nah. Duke boy & charger fan here but it's too far removed from being relevant. Maybe thirty years ago, not now.

#35 10 years ago

Sounds cool but not current. Next car theme after Mustang will be fast and furious.

#36 10 years ago

No, too much temptation to turn it into a car theme pin. Get rid of the good 'ol boys. Get rid of the Hogg. Lose the goofy sheriff. Leave the Daisy Duke, the namesake of the fantastic shorts. Make it just a Daisy Duke pin...and the original, please.
    2571758.jpg2571758.jpg

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

LOL, funny (maybe sad) to think about how many 69 Chargers were trashed making that show.

From what I understand the number was 150-200 or so.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from twobobsworth:

Sounds cool but not current. Next car theme after Mustang will be fast and furious.

I get the Mustang theme but I would think Dukes would appeal more to the pinball buying target crowd than the more recent Fast and The Furious...let's face it no 23 year old (generalizing here) is going to buy a pinball machine NIB. In masses I still think you would have more Dukes buyers. Plus I would think in terms of licensing that it would cost alot less. I remember a while back when Spike (i think) brought the shows back (8 years ago maybe)....I got stuck to the TV and loved it all over again.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

LOL, please. AC/DC is still relevant - they make new music, have huge concerts all over the world, their music is constantly being used in movies, shows & commercials. Legit living icons.

No one cares about Dukes of Hazard. The last thing associated with that property was the horrible 2005 movie, which bombed. More people would be completely unaware of it or just not care about it compared to AC/DC.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL, please. AC/DC is still relevant - they make new music, have huge concerts all over the world, their music is constantly being used in movies, shows & commercials. Legit living icons.
    No one cares about Dukes of Hazard. The last thing associated with that property was the horrible 2005 movie, which bombed. More people would be completely unaware of it or just not care about it compared to AC/DC.

Agreed for the most part. I think you are right on the money with ACDC. But I still think there would be a market for the Dukes (not the 2005 movie)...althought I'm impartial to Jessica Simpson's jugs. I think every 35-60 year old have heard or has seen this show. Put a orange muscle car anywhere and I'd bet 90% of the target crowd would associate it to the General Lee.

I remember just going about "ape-shit" when I was young when the show came on. Sure it was cheesy but that was the entire appeal. Plus all the toys......

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

I think that is a poor analogy on your part as AC/DC was still a proven commodity as evidenced by the success of the black ice tour. When's the last time the duke boys proved their commercial appeal? I don't think the recent movie really counts but maybe it does for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Ice_World_Tour

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Agreed for the most part. I think you are right on the money with ACDC. But I still think there would be a market for the Dukes (not the 2005 movie)...althought I'm impartial to Jessica Simpson's jugs. I think every 35-60 year old have heard or has seen this show. Put a orange muscle car anywhere and I'd bet 90% of the target crowd would associate it to the General Lee.
    I remember just going about "ape-shit" when I was young when the show came on. Sure it was cheesy but that was the entire appeal. Plus all the toys......

It would have to be done by a boutique guy like Skit-B or something ...it's just too obscure/cult for a mainstream release.

#43 10 years ago

Regardless of where you stand on whether it'd make a good pin theme or not, it's safe to say they don't make TV shows like that anymore. Gone are the days of the innocent, fun TV shows that showed some measure decency and moral values.....except for Duck Dynasty, that is. I think the total Charger carnage number was an official 196, if memory serves me correctly. I adored that show as a kid and I still have the lunchbox and piles of DoH toys to show for it!

As for it being a pin theme, I could totally see it. I think it would translate very well. As to who could do the best job of that, it's up for debate. But, I think JJP has the style to pull it off. By that I mean: enough production "power" to make some great gadgetry, but not make it look and feel cookie-cutter(I'm looking at you Stern).

#44 10 years ago

I would be all over it, what a great theme! That and Knight Rider!

1 year later
    #45 8 years ago

Well this for sure is never happening now

#46 8 years ago

Nah. They should make it anyway Stars and Bars Rebel flag and all. Screw the PC police.

Quoted from tdiddy:

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

You never know, check back in another year and a half.

#48 8 years ago

lots of great ideas in this tread, could be a winner. Op's might cash in on it also in bar locations and bowling alleys

#49 8 years ago

I totally in for a DoH pin, PC nonsense be damned. Base it off the TV show, ignore the wretched films. Make cabinet sides the confederate flag for good measure

I instantly think of a retheme of HS2, T2 or No Fear. Yep, Steve Ritchie games because the show was all about speed and chases!

HS2 has the most in common with the Dukes: Fast cars (Lamborghini and General Lee), hot women and crazy police chases. The supercharger stays as is because it already fits the theme. The tunnel shot can be either Cooter's garage or the Boar's Nest.

For T2, use the cannon for the bow and arrow shot the Dukes frequently used. Every other shot would be a town chase, cliff jump, etc.

NF simply for the jump shot/cliff jump. It would be cool if somebody could reprogram the magnetic accelerator to lift the ball at different speeds into the upper level, to simulate the slow-mo cliff jumps from the show. This would be accompanied by the GL engine roar and traditional "Yeeeeee Haaaaw!" followed by a landing thud in sync with ball movement. Every other shot easily represents a car chase and the small hill jumps around the mountainous terrain of Hazzard County.

The remaining cast members would make great voice overs, but a few would need stand-ins, due to the death of Denver Pyle, James Best and Sorrell Booke.

Hope somebody takes a shot at this!

#50 8 years ago

PC Dukes

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-bout-a-dukes-of-hazard-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.