(Topic ID: 127771)

How big the flood of kiss's for sale after realizing its a bad game?

By Calibur2

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ukfb-mainimage.jpg
image.jpg
download.jpg
Wwenetworklogo.png
BYCVIVbCUAEn7Mo.jpg+large.jpg
arena-shot.jpg
Massive Flood.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Just some food for thought. A lot of people seem to be jumping the gun and taking a risk without playing it first? Might be a bad game considering how fast they pumped it out. I certainly will wait for a like new used one to pop up if I was interested. There will be a lot of them I think.

#2 8 years ago

Nobody has any idea yet. Nobody has played it yet. Can't call it good, and can't call it bad yet. Premature etheadulation issue?

#3 8 years ago

It's been under design for a year, what do you I mean "how fast they pumped it out". The rushed the release a little do to WWE flop, but the only thing that wasn't complete was the artwork, and that is always the final step in design process.

#4 8 years ago

I'm still annoyed they offer games for pre order before a video of game play. Sorry but I'm not paying $8000 for a pin without seeing it in action first.

And by the time the video is up, the LE will probably be sold out (If I wanted an LE)

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

I'm still annoyed they offer games for pre order before a video of game play. Sorry but I'm not paying $8000 for a pin without seeing it in action first.
And by the time the video is up, the LE will probably be sold out (If I wanted an LE)

Um, didn't you mean "without PLAYING it first"?

#6 8 years ago

Massive Flood.jpgMassive Flood.jpg
#7 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Um, didn't you mean "without PLAYING it first"?

That would be ideal. But I'd be satisfied with a video.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

100% agree. I'm all over this game, but want to at least see it in action before I place an order.

#9 8 years ago

How can you tell it is going to be a bad game? Or do people just like to bash games that have not seen in person or even played yet? Sigh, give it a chance to ship first.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

I think they already are ! if not, then there are only a few remaining for sure!

#11 8 years ago

I did not take the op as bashing the game, personally I cannot understand buying a game or putting down a deposit without seeing it and playing it first.. He never said it was a bad game, just said it might be a bad game, I was a little disappointed in the walking dead, and thought the Star Trek le was amazing, I agree, that until I had a chance to really try it, putting that much money into a game you have never played is a big risk, sure you could sell it used, but could end up taking a big hit

#12 8 years ago

Probably about the same as all the others.

#13 8 years ago

I am not seeing anything about the layout that would make a bad game

time spent programing is the main difference between a good game and a great one

The sales on this title are going to be high, Stern will give the programmers more time to finish the job

#14 8 years ago

I don't see it as any more dramatic than the Met launch. LEs were gone in a day, and even when the code was known to be bad there was never really a flood of availability. LE owners aren't panicking about the cash they have tied up in a machine.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Calibur2:

Just some food for thought. A lot of people seem to be jumping the gun and taking a risk without playing it first? Might be a bad game considering how fast they pumped it out. I certainly will wait for a like new used one to pop up if I was interested. There will be a lot of them I think.

Nothing unusual about that, happens with a lot of games. How long you been on Pinside?

#16 8 years ago

I'm not buying this machine, but I have faith in the machine. Borg has been on a roll with his machines.

Very hard to imagine that this won't be good.

#17 8 years ago

Only 2 reasons to pre order.

1. You just got to have that theme
2. You have so much cash it does not mather if you lose a few k.

The latter one, and in the pinballworld they are with just enough, keeps the shitty Stern coding policy alive.

#18 8 years ago

I already want to sell mine and I haven't even decided to buy one yet.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I already want to sell mine and I haven't even decided to buy one yet.

Your always flipping a game after a couple months of buying it new. That's how I got your Refinery Met Pro.

#20 8 years ago

"How big the flood of kiss's for sale after realizing its a bad game?"

You may wish to edit a provocative thread title like this one... Do have any idea if it will turn good or bad? I have zero idea.
"after realizing it does not meet your expectations" would be more neutral.

#21 8 years ago

A lot of good points. I feel like this is the biggest hype for a game in a while. There is a lot of high expectations to fulfill. Time will tell. I personally am not a fan of Kiss, but if it's a good playing game, then good for Stern and everybody who is buying one.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

You may wish to edit a provocative thread title like this one... Do have any idea if it will turn good or bad? I have zero idea.
"after realizing it does not meet your expectations" would be more neutral.

The OP was trying to be provocative.

He does not like KISS and thus was trying to get a fire started.

#23 8 years ago

I'm not a fan of Metalica and I still think it's an incredible game. Try it before you write it off. Gameplay > theme.

#24 8 years ago

In my opinion is the original Bally KISS a boring pin and you pay for the theme.
If this Stern KISS suck gameplay wise it will keep its value because of the theme alone.

#25 8 years ago

Love the theme, love the hand drawn art, and love the layout. Code will come with this big of a game, so not worried, already paid up for pro.

#26 8 years ago

well i wouldnt say "nobody" has played it yet...

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Massive Flood.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

#28 8 years ago

Huh that Mario game looks like it would be fun, not sure how long though as it looks like just a bunch of angled shots to a ramp or a hole mixed with a slot machine. I wonder if the other with the similar setup is better or worse.

#29 8 years ago

I just really think that molded gene simmons head on the playfield might be the ugliest thing ever created.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Calibur2:

I just really think that molded gene simmons head on the playfield might be the ugliest thing ever created.

Lol, that's my favorite part and overall I really like the looks of the pin.

#31 8 years ago

It will keep it value like the original did because of theme.

#32 8 years ago

have you seen the face on acdc pro playfield?

Quoted from Calibur2:

#33 8 years ago

I think the big question is will there be code?

#34 8 years ago

Kisses: one Kiss, two Kisses.

#35 8 years ago

1970's KISS - terrible game.
2015 KISS - based on 1970's game.
I'll wait to play it before passing judgement, but I don't have my hopes set too high. It sure is nice looking though - I have to admit that much.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

...Gameplay > theme.

Not for me, if theme and gameplay don't come together equally, I'm not interested in buying it. I'll drop quarters in a game that I'm not a fan of the theme, but would not own it.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Calibur2:

If the game is bad, why would you want a used one? Does not compute.

#38 8 years ago

I'd trade my less than 50 play WWE LE for a KISS premium..............

#39 8 years ago

wonder why it has no DMD? I wanna see it in action first. it might end
up being boring as the first one. it does look a little cheesy. maybe the only thing making
it awesome is the set list of music. I was expecting
more from stern. not a repeat of the Bally machine. just my opinion.. what is the
CODE used for? i keep seeing posts about CODES
for stern machines. thanks

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

Yeh Angus is not the most beautiful man in the world but his guitar playing sure is pretty.
Can't wait to play the Kiss. It's gonna have ten times more stuff going on than the old one pretty though it is.. especially this one...

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

what is the
CODE used for?

The ruleset generally. Also used to describe the code driving lightshow and effects.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

wonder why it has no DMD?

...but it does.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

I bought the Premium primarily because I didn't want that face staring at me the whole time.

#44 8 years ago

The walking dead theme is way more popular than Kiss is, was, or ever will be. Theme means nothing without it being a good game. If you disagree with th fact that walking dead has a bigger fan base, has made more money, well....dad....look at the numbers.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

The Walking Dead theme is way more popular than Kiss is, was, or ever will be. Theme means nothing without it being a good game. If you disagree with th fact that Walking Dead has a bigger fan base, has made more money, well....dad....look at the numbers.

You're comparing something at the height of its popularity to popularity over the long haul.

I'm not even a Kiss fan, but I think in 5 years Walking Dead will be pretty much forgotten. How many times can they run through the "find a safe place, see it burned by bad people" thing before everyone is tired of it? Just like CSI and 24, it will be relegated to the odd staleness of canceled TV show pins. Its a double whammy if the game stinks. I've seen the complaints, but haven't played it to know.

Kiss has been around forever. They might not be at the pinnacle of their popularity now, but they stayed popular enough to keep going. The Kiss pin *looks* killer, right up there with the best Stern has ever done.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

You're comparing something at the height of its popularity to popularity over the long haul.
I'm not even a Kiss fan, but I think in 5 years Walking Dead will be pretty much forgotten. How many times can they run through the "find a safe place, see it burned by bad people" thing before everyone is tired of it? Just like CSI and 24, it will be relegated to the odd staleness of canceled TV show pins. Its a double whammy if the game stinks. I've seen the complaints, but haven't played it to know.
Kiss has been around forever. They might not be at the pinnacle of their popularity now, but they stayed popular enough to keep going. The Kiss pin *looks* killer, right up there with the best Stern has ever done.

I know a bunch of people that have heard of the walking dead, but have never watched it. Everyone I know knows Kiss from their over 40 years of music. Kind of hard to compare the 2 if you ask me.

Besides, Kiss music wins big over a redneck that has no link to the show doing call-outs- all day long.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

TOK is right. Walking Dead is hot NOW but nobody will care in a year. It's like LOST. Captures our attention but then we want nothing to do with it once it's over. Music doesn't get stale like that. Not classic rock that is.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

The Walking Dead theme is way more popular than Kiss is, was, or ever will be. Theme means nothing without it being a good game. If you disagree with th fact that Walking Dead has a bigger fan base, has made more money, well....dad....look at the numbers.

Sure, how about you provide those numbers so we can look at 'em. Say, gross yearly income earned by both entities since 1970?

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Sure, how about you provide those numbers so we can look at 'em. Say, gross yearly income earned by both entities since 1970?

...remember to adjust for inflation.

#50 8 years ago

Okay, can you even begin to argue that KISS has more fans than wwe?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-big-the-flood-of-kisss-for-sale-after-realizing-its-a-bad-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.