(Topic ID: 200095)

How big of a blow to Soccer in the US is missing the World Cup?

By InfiniteLives

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gov
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Missing the next World Cup will...”

• ...not matter to the popularity and growth of soccer in the US 17 votes
      14%
    • ...kill the popularity and growth of soccer in the US 9 votes
      7%
    • ...marginally affect the popularity and growth of soccer in the US 26 votes
      21%
    • Soccer sucks and always will suck 69 votes
      57%

(121 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sc vs rg (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider infinitelives.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

So the US Men's National Team failed to qualify for the next World Cup in 2018.

Will this kill the momentum Soccer has had in the main stream in the US?

Does it matter?

Do you hate soccer?

Was re-hiring Bruce Arena super dumb?

#69 6 years ago

I don't know if its because I live in a hipster paradise but soccer is pretty big 'round these parts.

I enjoy the hell outta it. I love watching the plays develop, you have to watch the whole field, not just where the ball is.

Its the biggest sport in the world because all you need to play it is a ball and an area to play. In under-developed countries everyone can play. In the US, inner city kids play basketball.

Tons of people play FIFA online, its probably as big if not bigger than Madden

http://the18.com/soccer-news/fifa-vs-madden-which-best-sports-video-game-franchise-ever

The people in here who are saying they love Hockey, there are tons of parallels between the two sports.

I also get a kick outta the folks who come in here for one line trashing soccer. why even bother entering the thread lol. I was nice enough to give you a poll option At least contribute a little more and tell us why you hate it so much.

#77 6 years ago

its crazy how football is going bonkers over concussions and hockey the refs literally wait for a fight to be over haha

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider infinitelives.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-big-of-a-blow-to-soccer-in-the-us-is-missing-the-world-cup?tu=infinitelives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.