(Topic ID: 200095)

How big of a blow to Soccer in the US is missing the World Cup?

By InfiniteLives

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gov
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Missing the next World Cup will...”

• ...not matter to the popularity and growth of soccer in the US 17 votes
      14%
    • ...kill the popularity and growth of soccer in the US 9 votes
      7%
    • ...marginally affect the popularity and growth of soccer in the US 26 votes
      21%
    • Soccer sucks and always will suck 69 votes
      57%

(121 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sc vs rg (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gliebig.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 6 years ago

How anyone can watch soccer is beyond me. WTF are those people in the stands constantly cheering for??

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

A lot of people used to be that way. It isn't for everybody, nothing is, but I used to HATE soccer and had the same sentiment as many of the people in this thread. I thought it was dumb and pointless. Had a friend that was into it and back when HD was a new thing, soccer was about the only thing that was in HD. Dumb reason to watch, I know, but it got me watching it a bit. Started to learn the rules and found a team to follow in England. Got sucked in and have enjoyed it ever since. Sure the diving and rolling around is dumb, but I just ignore that part. MLS attendance has skyrocketed the last 5-10 years and if you happen to live in a city that has as good following, it is worth it to go to a game just to experience the atmosphere. I am lucky enough to live close to KC so I can go and watch Sporting every year. Such a good time and the atmosphere is nuts. Such a contrast to NFL or MLB (which I also enjoy).

You mean there's more to it than.. don't use your hands and team with highest score at the end wins?

I can't poke fun. I can watch golf for hours on end.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gliebig.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-big-of-a-blow-to-soccer-in-the-us-is-missing-the-world-cup?tu=gliebig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.