(Topic ID: 200095)

How big of a blow to Soccer in the US is missing the World Cup?

By InfiniteLives

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gov
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Missing the next World Cup will...”

• ...not matter to the popularity and growth of soccer in the US 17 votes
      14%
    • ...kill the popularity and growth of soccer in the US 9 votes
      7%
    • ...marginally affect the popularity and growth of soccer in the US 26 votes
      21%
    • Soccer sucks and always will suck 69 votes
      57%

(121 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sc vs rg (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrazyLevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

Literally nobody I know cares about this.

Doesn't mean nobody will, but it's just not on the radar. All the soccer fans I know couldn't care less about the U.S. team and are more into teams from where either they or their ancestors were born.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Prices on WCS94 will tank

True, and Zidware's WCS '18 might be dead in the water.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Almost nobody gives a shit...
    Soccer cannot be forced down the throat of the USA...neither can the WNBA, no matter how much people try...

I think you miss the point of the WNBA. It's an extremely cheap night out for families and a great thing for parents to do with their daughters and lesbians to do on dates. I wasn't aware it was being forced down anybody's throat haven't seen an ad for it for ages.

#43 6 years ago

I enjoy Soccer. But here are some things that annoy me about going to a game:
    1) drums. These should be outlawed. Very annoying. If the crowd can’t make enough noise, then so be it.
    2) Womens soccer league. For some reason, lesbians feel that flying rainbow colored flags are a must at all of their games. Why make it about your issues? No one cares anymore. If you are gay, the so be it. Do what you want. But waving rainbow flags at a universal sporting event just isn’t right. Wave your teams flag...that’s what should be waved. What would happen if someone waved a Nazi flag at a soccer game? There would be an issue there.
    Drums and Rainbow flags have no place at a soccer match

LOL

so really, all of the lesbians are keeping you away from the Women's Soccer League games you'd be going to otherwise?

How is that shithead post? It’s true. Why wave rainbow flags at a soccer match? It’s not team colors or logos. Not necessary.

Why bring up a bunch of homophobic bullshit for absolutely no reason and make the unbelievably stupid comparison of rainbow flags to swatstikas? Not necessary.

#46 6 years ago

It's nuts to me how some seemingly innocuous threads bring out the idiots en masse. Like...you never see it coming!

Oh, a thread called "My Wife is throwing a tupperware party," I think I'll click on it and see what...

YIKES!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrazyLevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-big-of-a-blow-to-soccer-in-the-us-is-missing-the-world-cup?tu=CrazyLevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.