(Topic ID: 52809)

How badly did I damage my getaway supercharger? Help!

By Willy39

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Willy39
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2013-06-07_13.26.18.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider willy39.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

So I was working on getting my beacon working and i made a big bonehead move. I was reseating cables of course with power on and when I re seated j118 which powers beacon and ball accelerator board, I accidentally plugged it back in one pin over. So basically the power was plugged in the ground causing a fuse to pop. It was late and it was a stupid mistake. Well now my supercharger does not work. In test mode it looks like optos work but none of the magnets activate when enabled. How bad did I break my game? Is the ball accelerator board fried along with magnets for superchargers? Is the board salvageable? I am fearing the worst and please if there is any hope to fixing this please let me know. Really in the dumps right now.

#3 10 years ago

Any idea where to start testing this? My guess its just the board. Magnets were not enabled when i made the dumb mistake. I was testing mars lamp. I don't think I seen replacement boards for the ball accelerator board so that worries me.

#6 10 years ago

Unlike the other post I am pretty sure the fuse did its job and my driver board is not damaged. I have someone coming this week to look at the accelerator board and he said it is fixable. Just hope the damage stopped there and did not do any damage to the supercharger magnets, or other stuff plugged in to that board.

#8 10 years ago

I found this replacement accelerator board out of Australia:
http://www.homepin.com/turbo.html

#11 10 years ago

Well. I ordered one just in case mine can't be fixed. I figure from Australia it might be here before end of June! I am going to test out optos in supercharger tonight to make sure that works ok as I believe the opto board plugs in to accelerator board. Playing the game the ONLY thing I noticed not working is the supercharger magnets. Everything else seems ok. Crossing my fingers and knocking on wood everytime I say that!

#13 10 years ago

Available and shipping. Got my confirmation email. I told the guy he may want to post on pinside. He is only one making and selling this board.

#16 10 years ago

Ok. Thanks. I will take note of that on contacting Jerry. And about the opto board for BSD, I guess they specialize in hard to find boards not being made by anyone else. Very cool to have someone put the effort in to boards that are not as popular and sell as much as a driver board or a cpu board.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Yep, I am a reference now for dum-dum moves.

I know how you feel Steve. It is a sickening feeling. It was just a stupid-careless mistake. It will be about $100 mistake for me. On a good note, the optos in the supercharger work so I think I am just looking at replacing/fixing the ball accelerator board. Got someone coming to look at it tomorrow and I have a new board ordered. Don't mind having extra boards around plus I can always sell one of them. I just hope once the board is working that the magnets that shoot the ball around the supercharger fire up ok.

#23 10 years ago

If the accelerator coils are fried I am look at an additional $120+ to replace the three of them.

#27 10 years ago

Here is the damage to my accelerator board. Should be fixable though! Again just a stupid mistake caused this and I agree with Voltherd. Getaway has been a solid machine that works great. The issues I have had up to this point are minor and this last one was just my fault. I highly recommend HS2 for a collection. I was keep going back to it! The thrill of achieving Redline Mania really does it for me!

2013-06-07_13.26.18.jpg2013-06-07_13.26.18.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider willy39.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-badly-did-i-damage-my-getaway-supercharger-help?tu=willy39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.