(Topic ID: 295688)

How bad is a CPR playfield as Bronze vs. Gold or Silver?

By swampwiz

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Aeolus7
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3chra6r8et251 (resized).jpg
    BB2FE6BD-BB83-41B0-93EF-A1D7C899D612 (resized).jpeg
    7A35A461-F030-477B-B38D-E3CC68901D2F (resized).jpeg
    CB0E59C5-4245-4F9A-9605-AB275026C3D8 (resized).jpeg
    D85B227F-A67B-4852-8A5C-68A5E65FF088 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    031-1.jpg
    #1 2 years ago

I was wondering just how bad this could be.

#2 2 years ago

Personally I always bought the cheapest one I could get and sent it to Kruzman no matter what for him to fix any issues and clear it.

John

#3 2 years ago

Just a quick one: how do you know if you got a gold or other one?? I don’t remember even having the option..

I have a good colored sticker on it.. is that how you can tell if you have good silver or bronze?

#4 2 years ago

That depends upon the title. TOTAN bronzes were particularly flawed.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vin-bot:

Just a quick one

I got a Pinbot btw

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vin-bot:

Just a quick one: how do you know if you got a gold or other one?? I don’t remember even having the option..
    I have a good colored sticker on it.. is that how you can tell if you have good silver or bronze?

A stamp on the back side.

The foil sticker shows that it's an officially licensed Bally/Williams product.

031-1.jpg031-1.jpg
    #7 2 years ago

No stamp on mine..

#8 2 years ago

I know even the gold Playfields have their detractors, but I’ve always been very happy with them. I’ve spotted some minor flaws in golds I’ve had, but typically had to look hard for them. My buddy bought a bronze playfield that had some visible flaws. For example a section where dust or paint particles where inside the clear. Not atrocious, but certainly noticeable. If you really like the game and/or it’s a valuable title, I’d vote go with the gold!

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vin-bot:

No stamp on mine..

If I remember right, early runs weren't graded. I'm not sure when they actually started grading playfields. Once that happened, I think that's when they started adding the grading stamps. My recollection on that is a bit fuzzy, though.

Then, once they started doing digital printing instead of screen printing, I think that's when they stopped grading.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vin-bot:

No stamp on mine..

If you have a newer playfield that is not the older screen printed ones it will not have a rating.
    The new digital procedure is considered 99% flawless, per CPR website.
    -Mike

#11 2 years ago

I’ve had seen my share of gold that were well below bronze but have had some really nice silver and golds. It’s a crap shoot. Try to see in person before you buy but that’s not an easy option. Than send to Ron and you’ll have a platinum.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

If you have a newer playfield that is not the older screen printed ones it will not have a rating.
    -Mike

Hawhawhaw.

No it isn't. Someone posted a Flash Gordon playfield a few weeks ago that had streaks in it like an inkjet having a bad day.

#13 2 years ago

Early CPR PF's did not have a grade stamp. The new digital do not. This is a new digital with insert problems.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #14 2 years ago

CPR silver. No issues

7A35A461-F030-477B-B38D-E3CC68901D2F (resized).jpeg7A35A461-F030-477B-B38D-E3CC68901D2F (resized).jpegBB2FE6BD-BB83-41B0-93EF-A1D7C899D612 (resized).jpegBB2FE6BD-BB83-41B0-93EF-A1D7C899D612 (resized).jpegCB0E59C5-4245-4F9A-9605-AB275026C3D8 (resized).jpegCB0E59C5-4245-4F9A-9605-AB275026C3D8 (resized).jpegD85B227F-A67B-4852-8A5C-68A5E65FF088 (resized).jpegD85B227F-A67B-4852-8A5C-68A5E65FF088 (resized).jpeg
    #15 2 years ago

99% of people here couldn't tell the difference if you put all 3 in front of them randomized the order and asked them to pick which PF is what grade.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vin-bot:

How do you know if you got a gold or other one?

Quoted from NPO:

99% of people couldn't tell the difference if you put all 3 in front of them in randomized order and asked them to pick which is what grade.

I heard that only Olympic judges can tell gold from silver or bronze.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Hawhawhaw.
    No it isn't. Someone posted a Flash Gordon playfield a few weeks ago that had streaks in it like an inkjet having a bad day.

You must of got the 1% flawed playfield
    -Mike

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

I saw that one in person and was WTF. And there was a new Cheetah there that was drop dead perfect. I don't get the difference in the clear quality.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

And I'm doing the swap on the FG once the re-clearing is done.

#20 2 years ago

I’d take a bronze silkscreened playfield over a digital print playfield, given the choice.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

Quoted from gdonovan:

Someone posted a Flash Gordon playfield a few weeks ago that had streaks in it like an inkjet having a bad day.

Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

The thing about digital is there isn't a lot of wiggle room; I think we all got a FG with the streak in it.

#22 2 years ago

This thread makes me want to unbox and stare at my two gold playfields.

3chra6r8et251 (resized).jpg3chra6r8et251 (resized).jpg

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

This thread makes me want to unbox and stare at my two gold playfields.
    [quoted image]

I’ve done that, but mainly just to admire them. Let’s be honest, it’s awesome that these existing at all!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-bad-is-a-cpr-playfield-as-bronze-vs-gold-or-silver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.