1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 899 posts
  • 234 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Aussiepinwiz
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 57 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20190311-095309_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 11.25.07 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.35.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_1311 (resized).jpeg
85E6A7CD-D335-4EB0-8B75-97AC42B11A42 (resized).jpeg
9D8B07FD-6C92-4069-B11E-C4BBFAE08FDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
0322AA6F-0633-4FC2-9D56-1C43BBA10D47 (resized).jpeg
monopoly01 (resized).jpg
images-1 (resized).png
1D0B4431-D7C4-4751-9F8A-C89D7059E020 (resized).jpeg
9378FEC3-EBA2-4F80-9244-CA92BCFE1B65 (resized).jpeg
D7F2F65C-F419-47EE-A491-A387537544A6 (resized).jpeg
60149EA7-103F-48D2-AB27-67425254AA00 (resized).jpeg
EEB184A8-D22F-430B-A45D-D168B70D6403 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 1 year ago

So far, I haven't been sold any.

#49 1 year ago

People who were looking forward to this theme can and should be pissed off by the execution of it. It's not as if another pinball company can come behind them and build a proper Beatles pinball. They got the theme, and they ruined it as a pinball theme for the foreseeable future.

Thanks, Ka-Pow!

#54 1 year ago

Buy two, and keep one in the box to sell for $100,000 at Christmas!!!!

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

What exactly is the alternative?
Who buys the theme for over a million dollars besides Kapow?
Who else deals with the licensing issues with songs, art, display etc?
Who?
Who does all of that and can ship your game
With production starting next week?
Who else does it and makes an profit?
I mean everyone is acting like there is some kind of easy alternative to making this game from someone else.
If you can't afford it then seak it out on location and play it. If you can afford it but don't like it then move on. Play some pinball!

None of my concern. They ruined the Beatles pinball license by making a pinball machine not intended for pinball enthusiasts. Stern could have bought that license (lord knows they have the money) and made a proper modern pinball machine at their normal insane prices and still made a lot of money from Pinball people and Beatles fans alike.

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Apparently, just to confuse the hell out of everybody, Stern released "mock up" photos of the game without coin slots. When in fact it will have coin slots.

My guess is, they released that picture to see how badly everyone would freak if it didn't come with a functioning coin door.
Mass freak out occurred, so they're going to be putting 38 more dollars into the BOM to give everyone their goddamned coin door!!!!

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey it worked with MMr.
Errr.....

That was just coin mechs....

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I agreed with everything you said right up until the “smart dude” part.

Wait.....

Levi is a girl?????

#131 1 year ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Has anybody else heard the following prices?
$15k for Platinum
$30k for Diamond
I’m being serious here. Heard this from a big buyer that was offered at these prices.

I've heard possible price from $50k down. WHO KNOWS?

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ok....before anyone has played it....?......ok.....

Hey.. I've played Seawitch while the jukebox was playing the Beatles........

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Typically, when you certify something collectible with a certificate of authenticity, it's no longer collectible.

This is what I have been saying......

#289 1 year ago

I was told there would be coin slots?

#330 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How BAD are BEATLES sales?
[quoted image]

It's possible that The Beatles Store only got one 10 pack? Wouldn't take long to sell out one of each, if that's all you got.....

1 week later
#452 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's weird, to me at least, that a decade of work and all this excitement only warranted a retheme of an old layout. Couldn't even be bothered to make a brand new game.

That's the whole issue. And, unlike a lot of people who seem to like it, the gameplay video I've seen makes it looks pretty bland, really. Nice display (that you don't watch when you're playing) a bank of 4 drops right across from a flipper (that seem to get knocked down super quickly), and just a lot of meh.

Looks like the spinning disk spins endlessly (one of the things people hate Fireball for), and the price is really well too much for this collection of parts.

Maybe in 20 years someone can try the whole Beatles pinball again and do it at LEAST as good as they did an Aerosmith pinball.....

#495 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You should go buy one right now then. No issues at all happening. Just saying.
POTC is going to be a great game, wouldn't touch one right now though. What a cluster F.

What's cluser-f-ee about the JJP one?

#498 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I know of 3 people that got one NIB all required 4-12hrs of fixes just to get them playing. All of them love the game, all of them are pissed about their NIB experience though. I think it's going to be great, JJP needs to fix some QC issues ASAP though. The game is packed with stuff and shoots incredible. No denying that.

I played one a couple of days after coming out of the box, and other than me sucking, the game shot fine... The guy who bought it didn't complain about it being a cluster, either.

#520 1 year ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Well that's all very interesting ... but back to the question on this thread ... just how BAD are BEATLES sales so far?
[quoted image]

Here's how bad they are...

STERN IS SOLD OUT!

According to Stern.

#522 1 year ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

And you have a problem with this? Can’t tell from your post

Why, sir, would I have a problem with this?
I'm not sure who they sold them to, but I was never the intended customer for this thing anyway.

#528 1 year ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

When was the last title that was sold out to distributors within a week of release? And not just the top model (LE or equivalent) but all models?

Ummm... As has been stated; IT'S NOT SOLD OUT. It's half sold out. Words. They mean things.

#538 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Both halves are sold out. You've been told this multiple times.

First of all, I'm not going to listen to marketers tell me that a thing that isn't made yet, and a thing that I can buy tomorrow is 'sold out'.

By that logic, JJP has sold out all of the POTC pins they will ever make, because eventually, they will all be sold.

#541 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

You really don't grasp the difference between sold out at the distributor VS sold out at Stern? You surely can't be this obtuse?

Shirley, I understand.

#543 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Because if that means we don’t see another price increase on the next cornerstone or two then even better.......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 weeks later
#579 1 year ago

C- !!!!

About the same as say, SEGA Lost In Space.

2 weeks later
#697 1 year ago

My favorite row of 7 pins doesn't contain one that cost over 1000 dollars, and most of them were well under 500, a couple less than 200.... As you say, the hobby is as expensive as your expectations make it.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Let's be fair- you can get into this hobby for 500 bucks. Or 900 bucks! That Dracula you have for sale is a fantastic deal.
If it's a "rich man's hobby" for someone, they need to adjust their expectations of what pinball is all about. My first game was 350 bucks, and I'm sure that's true for many folks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Goose Creek, SC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside