1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 899 posts
  • 234 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Aussiepinwiz
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 57 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20190311-095309_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 11.25.07 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.35.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_1311 (resized).jpeg
85E6A7CD-D335-4EB0-8B75-97AC42B11A42 (resized).jpeg
9D8B07FD-6C92-4069-B11E-C4BBFAE08FDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
0322AA6F-0633-4FC2-9D56-1C43BBA10D47 (resized).jpeg
monopoly01 (resized).jpg
images-1 (resized).png
1D0B4431-D7C4-4751-9F8A-C89D7059E020 (resized).jpeg
9378FEC3-EBA2-4F80-9244-CA92BCFE1B65 (resized).jpeg
D7F2F65C-F419-47EE-A491-A387537544A6 (resized).jpeg
60149EA7-103F-48D2-AB27-67425254AA00 (resized).jpeg
EEB184A8-D22F-430B-A45D-D168B70D6403 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#105 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All true.
Beatles is going to cost less money, be more reliable, and make more money than any JJP on route. Seems like a much more sound investment for a location kinpin to bring in the cabbage!

LOL!

#171 1 year ago

All I know is one thing, "certified collectible" needs to win an award for best BS pinball phrase of the year. Either that or new open box, lol.

#301 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Why can't Stern do a decent gold powdercoating?
GOTG looked awful, as did WWE.
It really isn't difficult to pick a nicer version.
If I was buying a Gold ie if price was more realistic, the gold trim would really be a downer.

I hear ya there. It's not that it's difficult for Stern to pick a nicer gold powder coat but rather the extra expense. Another $20 or so per game to do a high quality metallic powder coat would really hurt Stern, especially with them charging $8k for a basic game. Hell if they did the games may start at $9k! I don't know how they could do it and how would customers react getting such a nice powder on their games. Very risky. #sarcasm, lol.

1 week later
#439 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There are no politics on the rocketry forum.
When I said they were much less **conservative** than Pinside, I was referring to the overall welcoming and respect of other's ideas, even when much different than their own.

I think the regular price increases and higher then ever NIB prices has helped contribute to more arguments and heated discussions on Pinside. Imagine a home video / audio, or rocketry forum if prices suddenly increased 3-4x within 15 years with no end in site. How would people react on those forums if prices went up and quality went down in some cases? There would be just as many heated discussions on those sites at that point as on Pinside.

Also, for model rocketry and home audio / video there are options for newer products around $100 or less. Starting prices for NIB pins are far more with the barrier to entry beginning around $5k. The higher the prices of products for a hobby the more heated discussions about them there will be. If Beatles was $5k there wouldn't be nearly as much criticism.

#503 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

All of them have some QC issues. These have not been your normal adjustment problems. These have been issues with the games not being built properly. I'm not sure why so many of you just want to give JJP a pass on that. It is what it is and they need to get it fixed. These are games that certainly were not play tested. It's hurting their sales and eventually is going to kill the company if they can't get over their new game build issues. I want JJP to succeed, they are good for pinball. I'd like a POTC but not until I can trust them to build it. I don't blink about buying a stern. I have much higher confidence in them building the game. I've owned all JJP games so far and ton of sterns.

That's great, maybe they have gotten things straightened out already. I only have 4 reference points and 3 were friends that all had major issues, and another was one opened for a show that only had the minor things that you would expect. The three that had issues had many of the same problems. Those were all build a month or more ago. Hopefully that is all we hear moving forward. Minor adjustments from shipping or just typical pinball stuff.

To be fair Stern games typically have less problems out of the box compared to JJP games as there's far less on them. What's there really to break on a Star Wars Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, or Guardians Pro? Not much. I do agree though that early build Pirates appear to be having more issues then normal. Broken wires, and major ship and spinning disk adjustments are not normal problems. Games with those issues should have been checked better at the factory. JJP will correct those early issues, as they have with all of their games. However, I would personally not buy any Stern premium or JJP game until at least 6 months after production has started as by then these early issues will have been caught and corrected.

#506 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

No doubt that letting all of them build a bunch first is smart. But I don't really get the more to break arguments. It's brand new, it's supposedly tested, it should work pretty darn close to perfect. As a pinside tradition lets use a cargument. If you buy a base model do you expect it to work perfectly? If you buy the one with every possible add on that costs 20K more do you expect it to have issues because it has more stuff? They re both brand new, they should both work as intended. When you buy anything if you buy the highest item with more features do you expect less from it somehow because it does more things?
We need to stop giving all of these companies passes. For what they are charging we should have high expectations from all of them.
Plus I want JJP to get their shit together so I can buy a game, lol.

I hear ya, good points. If pinball companies want to keep charging more and more and offer their games at record high prices then quality control needs to be high.

Update: Just read this reply from Pirates designer Eric over in the JJP Pirates thread. Great news that the issues with early games have been addressed.

20181114_100928 (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside